Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $150 high for 12 months of Heartgard and 3 months of Frontline? That seemed really high to me. I think I'm going to have to start shopping around for those products. I really love Jes's vet, but their prices for Heartgard and Frontline keep going up. They used to price match, I think today's project is going to be finding what others sell those products for.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, that didn't take long. There are several sites (even 1800petmeds is cheaper) that sell 12 months of Heartgard for anywhere from $20-$30 cheaper than what the vet is.

I also forgot to add a little update about his drooling. I think I posted something on the old board about him drooling occasionally after dinner or fetching. The vet thought it was reflux and wanted me to moisten his food, and if that didn't work we'd try Pepcid. Well, it's been a few months now without any problems, so I guess the moistening of the food is helping.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
We use Interceptor rather than Heartguard but we do use Frontline Plus.

The vets at KSU's CollVetMed Teaching Hospital write the Rx scrip which we fax to wherever we buy it. Lately, we've been using internet outlets in either Australia or New Zealand which are roughly half (or lower) the cost of local sources.

Buying from vets is the most expensive place.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We use Interceptor rather than Heartguard but we do use Frontline Plus.

The vets at KSU's CollVetMed Teaching Hospital write the Rx scrip which we fax to wherever we buy it. Lately, we've been using internet outlets in either Australia or New Zealand which are roughly half (or lower) the cost of local sources.

Buying from vets is the most expensive place.

Strangely, my vet used to be competitive with a lot of outlets not that long ago. By the time you factored in shipping and handling, it was often not that much more expensive (and worth it to have immediately). I guess they've changed their business model and are now inline with most other vets.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I have read that you need to be careful where you order from. Some countries do not have the same formula that is sold in the US. Whether that is true or not--I don't know. Just passing it on for whatever it is worth.
I do know that I went to my daughter's vet and bought 1 dose of Frontline Plus for her Cavalier and it cost me $20. I thought that was outrageous for a single dose for a dog that weighs 14 pounds!
You do know that Feeder's sells Frontline? Not sure on their pricing though.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do know that Feeder's sells Frontline? Not sure on their pricing though.
I've seen the signs, but I didn't pay any attention to the price either. I have to go by there today to get some more dog food and raw marrow bones, so I'll check it out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you have access to Costco - you might be able to find Frontline there. My local warehouse has a 3 month supply for $34.99. We have a large display - but I have seen it in the pharmacy in the past.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have access to Costco - you might be able to find Frontline there. My local warehouse has a 3 month supply for $34.99. We have a large display - but I have seen it in the pharmacy in the past.
I didn't know they carried Frontline. I'll have to check into that. For now, I only need about 3 per year (or I guess more accurately, my dog only needs 3), but in August I'm either moving to Gainesville or Dallas so I don't think I can get by with just 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts