Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Remington to an agility drop in class today. Very good class, his focus was pretty darned good, we had no tunnel issues and he handled the new teeter without a fly off.

At the end of the class ... the instructor asked me when Remington was going on a diet. I agree, he's a bit porky right now, and I laid myself open by saying I was a bit porky too because, quite frankly, I like to eat... and the instructor said, "Well, I wasn't going to say anything...but..."

Yeah, yeah, I get the hint. Me and my dog need to drop a few lbs.

I gave Rems a hug anyway and told him us chubbies can just stick together and have a good time.

:p

·
Registered
869 Posts
The instructor should have kept their comments about the dog. :)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
They actually said that?! Well, my instructor does tell me that I need to take weight off of Micah. Oh well. I like my dogs the way they are. Plus, I didn't think you need to loose any Linda!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, he can be pretty crass, but I like him. He's a good instructor.

And yes, I am up almost 20 lbs! I would feel better if I could get it off, but it just doesn't want to come off and, like I said, I like to eat.

Oh well, dogs are all on diets... once we start swimming again they'll lose some weight... waiting on getting the new liner installed, should be next week sometime.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
You're right - ouch! I had to laugh a little though. People have told me for years that Emilu needs to lose weight, and she does. But I always replied with "my dog is fat because I am fat" and unfortunately it's true. I have no problem controlling Emilu's dog food, but she also gets a little bit of every snack that I eat, and I eat way too many snacks. If I could stop eating snacks and lose weight, so would Emilu.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I feel like Peanut and I are very much an odd couple when it comes to agility. She is lithe and slender and small (looks a lot like an IG, very similar body type). And I'm... well... not. :eek:

I am a total weight nazi when it comes to the dogs, they will NOT be overweight because of all the health risks yadda yadda, will only ever eat healthy food, but I can't do the same for myself. Yeesh! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
You are not that overweight. All of us could stand to lose a couple pounds. I'm up 10 pounds since my family moved in with us. People say Buddy is heavy, but I think he looks good.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I'm like Kate. Milly's diet is strictly monitored but my own? Not so much... hmm....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts