Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who watched?

I saw to the bitter end (GAH - That musical interlude that always hits at 11:15P or so here in the East is always KILLER).

No huge fashion goofs, unless you count Mickey Rourke going for the Jack Nicholson, I-Don't-Give-A-Smurf look.

Jackman was okay. Liked the 'downsized' opening.

Anne Hathaway is gorgeous.

I thought the actor/actress awards -- where former recipients GUSHED over the work done by the nominees -- was boring and dumb. Show us clips, please, of what got these folks on the rolls.

The In Memoriam section always makes me sad.

And I was happy about SLUMDOG, which Eileen and I just saw on Saturday and loved!!!!

eta - I have watched, through to the end, every Oscar presentation since 1976, when "Rocky" won. I remember watching that broadcast by LEANING out of my bed for hours, so that I could see my parents' TV in their bedroom. I was 13.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I liked the format of the past Oscar winners announcing the nominees. I thought it was great seeing all those winners on the stage at once.

Anne Hathaway is gorgeous!!! That dress was stunning and I loved when Hugh grabbed her and brought her onstage.

I liked the stage set up, it seemed a bit more personable.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I only wanted to see Heath Ledger win.. which i did.. and missed most of the rest of it.. though i did see Jessica Biel's ugly dress and missed the memoriam which i always like to see.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I didn't see any of it. What's the best site to see the red carpet arrivals? I like to see what everyone was wearing.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I was there from the red carpet on E! at 6:30 to the bitter end at midnight! AND I have taped the Baba Wawa special since she interview Hugh Jackman. Have I mentioned I love him? The musical numbers were phenomenal!

I really liked the revamped format, especially the previous winners introducing each of the acting nominees. That made it so touching and personal for them. Except for Phillip Seymore Hoffman (not Seymore Phillip Hoffman).

Yayyyyy Kate Winslet!! I adore her. And I liked Sean Penn's acceptance speech. And I thought the Seth Rogan/James Franco viewing of the movie clips was hilarious! Seth...no, you cannot make the Oscar into a "pipe".

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I really enjoyed it!

I love Hugh Jackman!! I really do. A tuxedo never looked so good!!!

I have been wanting to see Slumdog, but Brendan isn't as gung ho to see it as I am, so I haven't gone yet. Boo Hiss.

I really like Anne Hathaway joining Hugh on stage. It was fun!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I thought the Seth Rogan/James Franco viewing of the movie clips was hilarious! Seth...no, you cannot make the Oscar into a "pipe".

Oh, yeah. That was hilarious!!!

And I loved the guy who balanced it on his chin!

I loked SEEING the former winners (foo -- Sophia Loren is still hot). But the blah-de-blah about how wonderful, gifted, fantastic, amazing, talented, brilliant, artistic etc. etc. ect the nominees are/were got on my nerves.

Only Cuba Gooding Jr seemed to get it right w/Robt Downey Jr.

Penn was okay. Could have done without the editorializing.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I've seen every Oscar ceremony since I was a kid. Last year was the first year I didnt watch. This year, I decided to scrap it too and go watch a friend's hockey game. I had a blast and dont regret missing the Oscars at all. I'll catch all I need to online.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Stiller - He was doing Joaquin Phoenix from David Letterman a week or two ago.

I thought Sophia Loren looked scary!

I really liked the Oscars this year.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ben Stiller - I thought that was the funniest part! (besides the one guy who thanked "Mr. Roboto" and Seth and hot James Franco's clip).

I read where people suspect Joaquin is filming a mockumentary..I sure hope that's the reason for his recent behavior.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Stiller - He was doing Joaquin Phoenix from David Letterman a week or two ago.

I thought Sophia Loren looked scary!

I really liked the Oscars this year.
Sophia Loren did look scary! She looked like she spent a little too much time in the tanning bed and that jewelry was horrible.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did anyone stick around for the credit roll, where they previewed 2009 movies?

Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 has been remade.

As has Fame.

Showed some of Pixar's Up.

And Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

Can't remember the rest......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts