Just Labradors banner

Oscar's Exploits

2K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  jebsmama 
#1 ·
I promised in the Intros section to tell you all a bit about Oscar since we are new to this forum.

Oscar is a black lab aged nearly 6. He has always been a bit of a nutcase. When he was younger he was very destructive but with perseverance and love he seems to be over the worst of that :smile: Amongst other things he has eaten are light bulbs, ceramic floor tiles, a metal babygate, a computer router, a duvet.... the list goes on but with a few trips to the vet he has always come up smiling!

We do agility and go to obedience training but he tends to be the class clown even at this age! At shows he excells at agility but in training he mucks about and makes everyone laugh. Rather than go over a jump he will grab the jump pole in his mouth and run off with it!

He also has managed to escape a couple of times out of the garden. Once I found him sitting in the local duck pond surrounded by ducks. Another time I found him trying out the neighbours new hot tub.

All this makes me sound highly irresponsible I know but honestly you'd have to meet him to understand!! :behindsofa:

On a more sober note he has a few health problems which we are currently addressing. He has skin allergies caused by three types of dust mite and is on immunotherapy treatment. I have to inject him monthly for this. He has had a cruciate ligament replaced with a synthetic one after leaping off a big boulder on the beach. And he has had a major operation on his skull after developing massive abscesses between his ears - you will see the scars when you see photos of him.

But at the end of the day he is my beautiful darling boy who I love dearly. He is a saint with my children and with other peoples too including my friends 3 year old who is autistic. And everyone who meets him loves him! :smile:

See less See more
#2 ·
I promised in the Intros section to tell you all a bit about Oscar since we are new to this forum.

Oscar is a black lab aged nearly 6. He has always been a bit of a nutcase. When he was younger he was very destructive but with perseverance and love he seems to be over the worst of that :smile: Amongst other things he has eaten are light bulbs, ceramic floor tiles, a metal babygate, a computer router, a duvet.... the list goes on but with a few trips to the vet he has always come up smiling!

We do agility and go to obedience training but he tends to be the class clown even at this age! At shows he excells at agility but in training he mucks about and makes everyone laugh. Rather than go over a jump he will grab the jump pole in his mouth and run off with it!

He also has managed to escape a couple of times out of the garden. Once I found him sitting in the local duck pond surrounded by ducks. Another time I found him trying out the neighbours new hot tub.

All this makes me sound highly irresponsible I know but honestly you'd have to meet him to understand!
! :behindsofa:

On a more sober note he has a few health problems which we are currently addressing. He has skin allergies caused by three types of dust mite and is on immunotherapy treatment. I have to inject him monthly for this. He has had a cruciate ligament replaced with a synthetic one after leaping off a big boulder on the beach. And he has had a major operation on his skull after developing massive abscesses between his ears - you will see the scars when you see photos of him.

But at the end of the day he is my beautiful darling boy who I love dearly. He is a saint with my children and with other peoples too including my friends 3 year old who is autistic. And everyone who meets him loves him! :smile:
LMAO! We don't have to meet him, he's a LAB! OMG, you have me giggling at the thought of him in the hot tub. He sounds like a real character! Absolutely brilliant!

#5 ·
OMG -- I laughed out loud at the picture of him sitting in your neighbour's hot tub! That is hilarious!! He sounds like a perfectly normal lab to me.

I have an almost 6-month old black lab and can totally relate to some of your exploits -- I think the black ones are a little nuttier. My yellow lab is so calm and couldn't careless about anything - except food (then again, she is almost 13 years old - but I don't recall her being this crazy when she was younger).

#10 ·
He sounds utterly fantastic, if I do say so! His antics had me laughing. I am sorry about his health issues though, but want to say that he sure is lucky to have you. I look forward to hearing more about him and seeing pictures of what I'm sure is a very handsome guy!

#11 ·
He sounds like my Oscar, a Schnauzer/Retriever mix I had when I was in college. He once ran away and joined a fraternity. They called him Scruffy and fed him pizza and beer. Another time he climbed a ladder and got stuck on the roof of the neighbor's house where my roommate had thrown his Frisbee to get him to stop. He used to bring in the paper for me. It wasn't until my neighbor complained that I realized he'd been stealing theirs after my subscription stopped. He ate his fair share of things as a pup - my glasses, my suede coat, Chapter Three out of my Zoology textbook...

A crazy dog, I loved him all 16 years I had him. My best friend.

#16 ·
Mamazano- I think he must be very like your dear Oscar :smile: They sound soooo alike!

Joflake - he's the best pal in the whole world. Even after nearly 6 years with him I still look at him and can't believe he's mine :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.