Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Beautiful!!! I am soooo jealous. I have two beautiful green plants and since they bloomed over a year ago they never have again. Any hints as to how you get yours to bloom?:confused: It kinda defeats the purpose of growing them if they don't bloom. I usually don't have any trouble with plants but these are a challenge.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Orchids like light. Not direct sun though. I think most people tend to over water them. I rarely water mine. Try putting three ice cubes in the container once a week instead of watering and make sure they get plenty of light. I am ashamed to admit I think the last time I fertilized them was three years ago. For some reason they must like me.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Gorgeous.

I've only successfully had orchids rebloom twice. But the orchid I bought for my father right after my mother died four years ago has rebloomed every year without fail, and he's followed the directions I gave him to care for it... go figure!

I have hopes for some of the plants I have now, though. One is a really mature plant my husband bought me for our anniversary in July last year, it bloomed for 9 months straight, I only just cut the stalks off after all the flowers were done! In the meantime, I keep them in bright light and water every week to 10 days, and they're happy. To make them look better, I got some of the really good silk orchid stalks and put them in the plants until they bloom again... they look so real you have to go touch them to tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts