Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get some sturdy orange tennis balls? Yes they must be ORANGE, the girls wont even look @ the yellow ones! We started getting the orange/blue ones for our chuck it but we are having a hard time finding them locally. If I could find some orange ones & just pick up a case or a large amount that would last a bit that would be great! Used regular tennis balls would be ok, as long as they were orange. Thought it wouldnt hurt to ask. :roll:

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Chuck It makes an orange and blue rubber type ball and it has held up very well to shark mouth Lily. She destroys any ball in less than a minute. We have had these Chuck It ones for well over a year.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
If loss is not an issue, I use Chuckits Rubber ones. HK, and unfortunately many other dogs, really like them much better than regular tennis balls. The hold up much better, and bounce much better. Problem is that retail price is $10 for a pair. I watch for them going on sale, have been able to catch them for under $5 a pair when I buy a bunch of them. usually everything on the rack, which might be a total of 6 balls.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Chuck It makes an orange and blue rubber type ball and it has held up very well to shark mouth Lily. She destroys any ball in less than a minute. We have had these Chuck It ones for well over a year.

They are great. I like how they're bouncier than tennis balls...and the fact that Jes can't de-fuzz them after one use.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
For a good, durable, orange ball, go to your local hockey shop and get a bunch of street hockey balls (you can even get glow in the dark). They're cheaper than tennis balls and don't wear the dogs teeth like that sandpaper on tennis balls.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I got the solid rubber chuck it balls one time, they played with them a bit. Losing them isn't a issue MOST the time lolol as we play in our own fenced in field. Kiana is the ball hog, a picky one at that! She likes to squash them, get a piece of the fleece loose, just holds the fleece in her teeth, then as she is running & shaking the "ball" smack herself in the face with it as hard as she can!
We call her our 4 yo, 6 month old! :laugh:
She then gallops through the field bucking like a little pup would do. She's a MESS! She will let you toss them for her but she is just as happy at times playing by herself.
We just have a Petsmart & a local mom & pop store here that doesnt carry chuck it stuff. The Petsmart here just has the solid orange balls. The Walmart up until a month ago was carrying the Chuck it tennis balls, I would buy them 3 & 4 packs at a time, almost all they had each time. I will try a few of the balls listed out & see which ones hold up best. With summer comming on, we will need to have plenty on hand!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I find this really odd as dogs do not see the color orange well at all. They do see blues and greens. Yellows are seen better than orange. Orange and red look like shades of gray. A lot of times dogs will run right past an orange bumper on the ground because the dog doesn't distinquish the contrast.

Not that this has anything to do with your question, LOL. I hope you can find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
The bumper I've always used is orange. Jes has no problem finding it. I don't know if they can see it good enough, or maybe he just picks up the scent of it. Now that I think about it, if I do throw it and he's not watching real close, he doesn't look with his eyes...his nose just hits the ground.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Sorry, can't help with orange ones, but after the snow melted I found about 50 yellow ones in my yard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts