Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface by saying that this is not supposed to be an Oprah bashing thread, so don't go too crazy, kids.

That said- is anyone watching?? She brought Howie Mandel back on the show to freak out on him about how she didn't win much money last week. It's supposed to be this funny thing, but it's actually pretty ridiculous. OPRAH is complaining about losing sleep because she got $5,000 instead of $75,000. I think the money she won went to charity, but still. If she's that bent out of shape about not winning enough money for charity- why doesn't she put up the $$ herself?

I usually like Oprah, but come on- get over yourself, Oprah. ::)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was just weird- apparently the max amount was $100,000, and it was in case 11. Well, 11 is her "favorite" number, but she said 8 was (and picked case 8), because she's seen lots of people win big money from case 8. She assumed that 8 was a favorite case for the Deal or No Deal producers. Case 8 was small and 11 was huge, so she "lost sleep" ever since last week when they taped the show.

It was just very weird. She acted like it was a big funny-haha joke, but she got SERIOUSLY passionate when she was ranting to Howie. He even called her out on how she had called her on the show to blame him, haha.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If I remember correctly, the money she won was given to an audience member. But then that money ($5000) was taken back and the lady that won from the audience was given case number 11 which had $100,000 in it. Oprah was going crazy trying to figure out what to do and if she should take the deal or not, but I think it was all an act.

That being said, I didnt watch todays show so who knows why she would be losing sleep :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I thought her initial point was to say that her gut was to go for case 11 (eveyone who knows her knows that is her favorite number) and she went with 8 instead - so she reminded people to go for their gut instinct. She tells people this all the time on her show.

She then asked Howie how come when they're down to the chosen case and one other on the real show, he asks if they want to exchange the case, but on her show, he didn't give her that option. Had she been given that option and exchanged, the amount would have been 75K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts