Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife just got a "black lab mix" puppy from the spca. Bo was a drop off at the spca so they don't know for sure what his parents were but I have been looking at a lot of pictures online of black lab puppies and I am really wondering if maybe Bo isn't a pure lab. Some of the pictures I've seen of pure blooded black labs around Bo's age look pretty much identical to him to my eye but I'm certainly no expert.

I wanted to get opinions and figured this would be a good place to do it....I know pictures can only go so far but based on what you can see of him is there anything that would make you think he's not a pure black lab? The spca said he would probably reach between 60 and 80 pounds when he's full grown and he is currently about 8 and a half weeks old.

I appreciate any responses, it's not really a big deal but I am curious about him now.

C

·
0 Posts
I was thinking Boxer as well, because of his 'high' ears and his tail seems to be very thin rather than a 'lab like' otter tail lol. Otherwise he looks pretty much identical to a lab. He is a cutie pie!!! Love him :p

G

·
0 Posts
His face looks just like my Murphy when he gives me that look, but his ears are a little high, as well as the thin tail. If he isnt full bred lab, he sure is close.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would have to chime in with everyone else about the ears being a little high. Boxer maybe, but I think there are a couple of hounds that have those ears too. If there is any hound you'll know it when he barks. Believe me, we have one.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Cute...and I agree with the others about the Boxer mix.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Very cute! I agree with a bit of Boxer somewhere in his heritage (if not a parent then certainly grandparent).

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I agree with everyone else...not full Lab, maybe some kind of bully breed, but just a doll! :) Lab ears are not set that high and do not stick out from the head that much. Can you see what we mean?

Regardless, he is really a cutie. Thank you so much for adopting from the SPCA!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Just wanted to add, I think as he grows up he is certainly going to look mostly Lab, enough to pass for one with just about anyone. :)

M

·
0 Posts
1. I'm in with the BOXER!
2. I'm in with the ADORABLE!
3. I'm in with thanks for ADOPTING!

Have fun and take lots of pictures!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts