Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Duchess. She was dropped in the drop box at a shelter in Humble TX on Christmas. A friend of mine is interested in her and would like some opinions as to what you think the other part of the mix is on the this lab mix. She is 38 pounds and 11 months old.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
windsor said:
It looks like she has a little pit bull in her. She is a cutie..
I agree (with both statements).

The shape of her skull (ignoring the length of her muzzle) and the set of her ears look pit-ish to me.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I think her ears look like they're still in the puppy stage. That "Flying Nun" look. ;) Could she be a little younger than 11 months? Simon's ears were set sort of out from his head when we got him at seven months. Though they still don't hang like Lab ears, they are not as askew as they were when he was going through that stage.

She really is a cutie! I hope your friend adopts her!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
kaznalf said:
She looks like Justines Abbey and im sure she is pitbull x lab
Yeah she kind of does! She has a similar color to Abbey and her ears do the same thing and are a little bit back. Even her tail looks the same! LOL Abbey is about a year and a half and weighs in at about 40-45 lbs, so it's very likely that they are the same mix. :yes:

But please don't let your friend not adopt her because of the pit bull thing. You don't really know for sure and honestly I've known some pit bulls that were even more affectionate that labs. :D

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
is Tx ok with pit mixes
here I couldnt counsel someone to adopt a young pit mix - if they could caught there would be unthinkable consequences

I also am not prepared to say on the basis of one picture that the mix is pit tho ... I would want to see more pictures for sure

very cute dog

1 - 10 of 10 Posts