Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D :D :D

It's a big ole COUNTERFEIT!!

So here's the deal. John bought a huge backpack from some seller on ebay to take to Europe. The North Face gear is supposed to be really high quality, I guess.
It was new with tags still on it and he paid $135ish for it....which would have been a great deal if it had been real. Well it broke as soon as he got home from his trip.
So he packed it up and sent it to The North Face to repair. They repair/replace all of their equipment - no questions asked.

Then today the Penske truck (lol) brought the backpack back. When John opened it, there was a polite letter from North France stating that it was a counterfeit pack!
They also requested the seller info. SOMEONE'S IN TRUBBBBLE!!

So John has already sent North France the seller info as well as Ebay. And he contacted the seller and requested a full refund.
One way or another John shouldn't get screwed because Paypal will cover the losses if the seller doesn't.

Exciting stuff, I tell you. :p

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Wow!!! Who knew there was a need for counterfeit backpacks! I never even knew there were backpacks so nice that people made knock-offs. That shows how much I get out of the house! :D

You guys lead an exciting life! :p

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Doh! That's so crazy....counterfeit backpacks...who knew?!?!

I'm confused though - is North France where he sent it back to? I'm confusing North FAce with North France. :-\

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Paddysmom said:
FedEx trucks in disguise, counterfeit baggage... it's positively spy vs spy stuff!
For some reason, I sang your post to the Transformers jingle. :-\

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MyLabsMom said:
Doh! That's so crazy....counterfeit backpacks...who knew?!?!

I'm confused though - is North France where he sent it back to? I'm confusing North FAce with North France. :-\
LOL...the North France part is just a joke. He just sent the backpack back to The North Face....which is the manufacturer.
And no....I didn't know there was such a thing as counterfeit backpacks either...lol. I had never heard of North Face until
I read the Fed ex label to figure out who sent the mysterious big box in the Penske truck. :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts