Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You have a Cape Cod house? Well LA TEE DA!

(Those are really pretty!!!)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Can I just have the Cape Cod house instead?

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have a Cape Cod house? Well LA TEE DA!

(Those are really pretty!!!)
My grandparents left it in trust for my brother and I and since my father passed away its ours now. We're hoping we can keep it. Its paid off in full so it would just be heat, electric, insurance and the tax bills. I think we can swing it. Its tiny, has an itty bitty yard, but is walking distance to the beach. And I grew up there since I summered with my grandparents.

And these plates would be awesome up there!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Missy, that is freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh Missy, that is freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. Again, its really more of a cottage than a house. My grandfather actually built it as a summer cottage, then had it remodeled and winterized when they retired. It completely needs to be updated, but one thing at a time. I just worry that now that my brother and his wife are having a kid that they may not want the extra expense. But I'm hoping to keep it. :)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Thanks. Again, its really more of a cottage than a house. My grandfather actually built it as a summer cottage, then had it remodeled and winterized when they retired. It completely needs to be updated, but one thing at a time. I just worry that now that my brother and his wife are having a kid that they may not want the extra expense. But I'm hoping to keep it. :)
You are very lucky!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
You should find a way - any way - to keep it and at least maintain it minimally enough that it doesn't deteriorate. It will only appreciate. I'm sure you could use it as a summer rental, even if it's small and not updated, if it's that close to the beach. And that should help pay for keeping the house.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
You should find a way - any way - to keep it and at least maintain it minimally enough that it doesn't deteriorate. It will only appreciate. I'm sure you could use it as a summer rental, even if it's small and not updated, if it's that close to the beach. And that should help pay for keeping the house.
As Ursula said, you can always rent it when you won't be there to help defray the cost. If your brother isn't interested, have him sign over his share to you and hire an agent to keep it rented when you won't be using it. Then do updates as you can afford them, one at a time.

ETA - and I LOVE the dishes, they would be PERFECT!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts