Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize it is still early to be talking lab fest but ....

Is anyone game for the yearly labfest, same neck of the woods as last year? If so, what time of the year? Last year was close to July 1 long weekend I believe (the weekend before). I loved the location in Aryss last year (Rockayer or something like that).

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I think I'd be game if it were in July! :D Our 2nd wee one is due to arrive on the scene at the beginning of June, so I think if it's in July or even later I might be able to get myself together and get there!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Which city was it in last year? London?

We should rent a huge cottage in Muskoka and make a weekend of it =)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I like Kelli's idea! ;)

We were at Royackers last year, and the year before. The pond and field is available any weekend that they don't have an event. Here's the linky: http://www.royackers.com/events.htm

Tanya, you wanna organize this year? I'll pass the torch! ;)

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
henrysmom said:
I like Kelli's idea! ;)

We were at Royackers last year, and the year before. The pond and field is available any weekend that they don't have an event. Here's the linky: http://www.royackers.com/events.htm

Tanya, you wanna organize this year? I'll pass the torch! ;)
I can definately help but won't be able to get their first the day of or anything like that. We shall see if there is interest this year first.... but you have done it for at least two years right (if not three) so you deserve a break :D

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I'll be there this year! I wasn't able to make it last year but we had a great time the year before that. Tuck was voted the 'swimmingest lab' because he never, and I mean never, got out of the pond - until he was physically dragged out for a pic.

Let me know!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
May/June would probably work best for me since we missed last year and July/August kind of gets busy on the weekends.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So we have two "location" potentials (unless someone has another): Same as before (Royackers) or Muskokas. We can start with a vote on that (I can do a poll but will give it a few days, in case other options come out). If muskokas are chosen someone will have to head that (I am VERY unfamiliar with that region) but I can call Royackers and see what kind of availability they have this weekend (in case that is the optino chosen)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Tanya, if we do Royackers, it's easiest to get a hold of Susan via email. ;)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If it's Muskoka it's not very likely we'll be there. Too far with such a wee young baby....at least that's what I'm thinking right now.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
PhoebeJeebies said:
If it's Muskoka it's not very likely we'll be there. Too far with such a wee young baby....at least that's what I'm thinking right now.
Us either. I am about 3.5 hours from Royackers as is much less Muskoka. But don't make a decision around us!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts