Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new purse, I hate mine. It's a cheap piece of crap from Kohl's. I'd love a good quality leather one, or a Coach. Anyone know of any good sites where I can get something cheap? :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK the link didn't work. I gotta back and look again...

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I got my Coach at a consignment shop.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want the Coach RAMBLER'S LEGACY! No way in hell will I pay that, though. I'm a cheapo, no more than $75 TOPS.

I can't get Ebay from work...

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Try a coach outlet. You'll still pay a couple hundred dollars for a medium sized bag, though. I buy all my purses in real stores, seems like that's how you can find the genuine article for a good price. I like Fossil as a coach alternative--real leather or suede, and good prices. You can find nice quality purses at Marshall's and TJ Maxx, also. I'm afraid to buy coach on ebay for fear of the fakes.

If $75 is your max then Coach is probably not for you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Try ebags.com. They have tons of brands but I don't know if they have Coach. I've bought several bags from them with no hassle.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I need a new purse
So how come it's called a pocketbook? :confused: Honestly, your yank language can be really dumb sometimes. :rolleyes: I always thought a pocketbook was a really small book that fits in your pocket but noooooooo that's too logical. When I first heard my Aunt use that word, it took me about a week to work out WTH she was talking about. I didn't really want to advertise my ignorance by asking her. :eek:

In this part of the world, a pocketbook/coach bag is called a handbag or a purse. Much more logical. Not that I'm an expert on women's fashion accessories or anything. :D

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
In American English, a purse is a small bag, also called a handbag or a pocketbook.

In British English, a purse is a small money container similar to a wallet, but typically used by women and including a compartment for coins, with a handbag being considerably larger; indeed, a purse is often kept in a handbag.

A purse or handbag is often fashionably designed, typically used by women, and is used to hold items such as wallet, keys, tissues, makeup, a hairbrush, cellular device or personal digital assistant, feminine hygiene products, or other items.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I've always thought a pocketbook was a wallet- but what do I know. No way would I spend that kind of money on a purse, I'm way to cheap:eek:

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
In American English, a purse is a small bag, also called a handbag or a pocketbook.

In British English, a purse is a small money container similar to a wallet, but typically used by women and including a compartment for coins, with a handbag being considerably larger; indeed, a purse is often kept in a handbag.

A purse or handbag is often fashionably designed, typically used by women, and is used to hold items such as wallet, keys, tissues, makeup, a hairbrush, cellular device or personal digital assistant, feminine hygiene products, or other items.
Oh ok. :eek: Thanks for the edumication. :D

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Maybe check out Zappos.com? They sell handbags, shipping is overnight (and fast) and free both to you and for returns. I haven't ordered anything but shoes from them, but I love the site.

I agree that if $75 is your max, then Coach is probably not for you - even at the outlets they're pricey. Of course, in their case, you really do get what you pay for. The quality is great and they last forever. I have a couple of Coach bags and one is at least 15 years old and still looks great. I justified the cost by figuring that an expensive, well made bag will cost me more to buy upfront, but won't need to be replaced as soon. But be careful on ebay: the ones that are priced "too good to be true" are exactly that - and the legit ones are not a steal even there.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK you people are getting way too technical with this. :p
Oh, and when I do say "pocketbook", I say it "pock-a-book".

1 - 20 of 75 Posts