Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
:D I love getting revenge on idiots like that. I got one last week for a fantastic job offer. I traced it back to ......... Norway :rolleyes: I replied from one of my other email addies setting out MY terms of employment. I haven't had a reply back. I wonder why? :confused:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
At risk of sounding like I don't have a sense of humour, it looked to me like a letter written from an ESL speaker. Sure, who wants to sell a horse to someone in Sweden, but why make fun of someone? Why not just ignore it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Betsy, that's a riot! You'll have to update us if the scammers fall for it. I remember seeing a website once with people who play with scammers. It made for some really funny reading!

Sam's Mom, this type of email is a classic scam, probably originating in Nigeria, not Sweden at all. They offer to pay for something, usually of high value (i.e. horse, car) and will pay with a cashier's check. They tell you that they will pay you significantly more than you are asking and all you have to do is cash a very large check, then wire money back to them (there's always some reason why you need to do it this way). By the time the bank comes back and tells you the check was a forgery, you have wired the scammers your very real money. The emails that tell you you have won a foreign lottery are the same. The last one I got was a "woman" who started out calling me "dear one" and wanted to share her late uncle's very large estate with me. LOL

These have been around for ages. I thought everyone was onto these by now!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, it would cost this "Swedish" person more to ship the horse and the red tape involved than the probable purchase price.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Couple of web sites that fight scammers, warning their are some nudity and profanity in some of the threads. These guys will ship pieces of wood, toilets, broken down computers to Nigeria, all at the scammers expense. They also get them to go on long journeys and tell them to buy a one way ticket as there will be a personal car or plane to take them back home. Funny **** in some of the threads.

http://www.419eater.com/

http://thescambaiter.com/forum/ - Must create an account to read the threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts