Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to post this first thing today, but work just got in the way. Darned old work.

Tudor and I had this 'thing' we did when trying to describe how a new person in one of our lives, unknown to the other, looked. We'd say, "Who do we know who most closely resembles this person?" and use that for the description. We'd mentally go through our lists of people we both knew.

If either one of us came up with the defining person within a few hours, we'd just call out a name, from one room to the other: "JOHN! John from the theater group. Remember him?" Or "SALLY! But a little bit shorter!"

We'd both get it.

If either one of us came up with the defining person after a day or two, there would be a similar call-out: "GOT IT! Our person!" And the ensuing comparisons to get the new, unknown person just right.

This morning, while doing my makeup in the bathroom, I came up with one I'd been working on for about a year to describe to Tud. My throat got ready for the words for "GOT IT!" and my head shot up to call the words out...

Alas...

:( :) :( :)

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Ah, Nance. By your side.
Mine usually come when I see something I find ridiculous and want to tell the only person who really got my offbeat sense of humor...
Or when the kids do something I'm especially proud of...

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I can only add to what others have said, tell Tud anyway and he will hear you!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Tears are rolling down my cheeks for you. I agree, tell him, he'll hear it. {{hugs}}

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
((hugs))

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
(((hugs)))) Nance. I've found getting through the death of a loved one and the funeral, etc. is much easier than the sudden knee jerk responses that take so long to fade. The automatically starting to tell something.

But it also means the hurtful stuff is fading. So that's a good thing, right?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts