Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of how it spins all the water out, drying time on a full load of jeans... 20 minutes.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Yes, I love the spin on my front loader. After the wash is done, I sometimes hit the extra spin. It really cuts down on the drying time.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
OMG I'm jealous!! Drying time on jeans in my dryer, 60mins still damp, 80mins kinda damp, 120 mins oh who cares just wear the **** things.

D

·
0 Posts
Shanna said:
Because of how it spins all the water out, drying time on a full load of jeans... 20 minutes.
That is AMAZING! I have a 20+ year old Speed Queen washer and dryer pair which have been incredible and reliable and very heavy duty --- but a load of jeans or towels still takes about 45 minutes.

Bet your carbon footprint got smaller when you started using the front loader!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been watching everything this thing does... carefully. No, I am not obsessed. It's more like a science experiment for me. I have adjusted the soap again. Increased to two tablespoons w/o softener in it. No suds problems at all. Decreased wash time to 1 hour with warm or hot water. All is perfect thus far.

My next experiment is with my husband's golf shirts. This is with cold water. Cold water has less cleaning power. I will need to make certain I spot treat.

Just read what I wrote. GOSH I'M A DORK. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Holy housewife, Batman - that's INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes? 20 minutes? ****, do you realize how much MORE laundry I could get done? I think I could get more if I packed it all up and drove to Texas and used YOUR machine - than I could by doing it here.

Wow! I'm impressed.

(btw - equally dorked out here, too)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
My parents have a Maytag Front Loader...it blows my mind. I LOVE it.
Maybe I'll go over even after I move out, just to do my laundry :p

R

·
0 Posts
I've heard that these can cut your drying time in half, and they use less water. I just wish I could have afforded one, we bought a new washer 3 years ago, they were just coming out with these front loaders then, and they were way out of my price range, but I will be getting one when this one dies or when I can come up with the exrta $$$. They are a huge time and money saver, when you factor in the electricity and water savings they pay for themselves, I just wish they would pay for themselves up front. lol

:)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Shanna said:
Just read what I wrote. GOSH I'M A DORK. :laugh:
I hope you're not a dork! If that's the case I would be one too.

I like studying every little thing. You should see me with my new digital camera. I'm checking number of flash photos versus battery life. Zoom plus flash and battery life, No flash,no zoom and battery life.

I think if I had 3 new gadgets my head would explode.

B

·
0 Posts
OMG I want one. 20 MINS??

Oh hell what am I talking about...I just want a **** washer that will run cold water. Do you know how much hot water RUINS dress clothes? stupid rental house washers....

Still, I want those front loaders. What a timesaver and a much more environmentally friendly way to get laundry done. NICE! (oh and you are SO not a dork! I'd be studying this too - after all that's a big investment, you ought to know if it is worth it.)

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I just got new front loaders too. I was soooo excited the first two days I was just looking for stuff to wash! LOL Do your jeans come out of the dryer really wrinkled? I must be doing something wrong. The legs are getting twisted and they dry like that.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Labsrme said:
Occasionally my pants legs come out twisted, but it 's usually when I have overloaded the washer. I always shake out my clothes before I put them in the dryer, so even if they are twisted when they go in the dryer they are fine when they come out.
THIS IS KEY. I figured out about 3 years ago that my wrinkle problem was not my washer or dryer, but the fact that I was not shaking out my clothes before putting them into the dryer. It does make a huge difference.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts