Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week from today I will find out whether or not I matched to one of my desired residency programs. I won't find out which one (if I did in fact match) until the 19th, but at least by this time next week I will know if I did or not :)

I am getting REALLY nervous now! This could change a lot of things in both mine and Shane's lives!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck. Is there a chance you may have to move?

Yes, we may have to move to Hawaii, Las Vegas, or Tucson. We really don't want to move...we would have to figure out what to do with our house, and it would force Shane to leave his job (which he loves) and force us into some MAJOR economic hardship! We would figure things out, as we always do, but I am crossing my fingers that we get to stay here.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good thoughts for you, Cadey.

Hawaii's not that bad.

Thanks Linda! I know, I really like Hawaii and the program there, but it costs over $7000 to move there, and the cost of living is so high! Additionally, it is really hard to bring pets over, from what we have been told. :(

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Good Luck!!

and just a small note ** Linda is right .. Hawaii is great! :D **

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! I had a dream last night that I received the envelope containing the sheet of paper with my match on it, and it was blank. I didn't match at all! Eeek! Now I am really starting to stress, things like that showing up in your dreams and all...:(

Just need to keep myself busy!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
So you want the Tucson want I assume? I hope you get it!! :) Prayers that you do!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you want the Tucson want I assume? I hope you get it!! :) Prayers that you do!
Actually, The Tucson program I ranked second to last. The residents all seemed very disgruntled down there, which I think speaks to how they are treated, work hours, etc. My #1 and #2 are here in Phoenix, and I am praying for those. Thanks for your prayers...I appreciate all of the positive energy I can get right now (especially after that dream)!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Good luck!

Veterinary matches came out about a week ago. It was a hectic Monday in the teaching clinic. A bunch of people matched really well, and a bunch of people had to scramble when they didn't expect it. Rough day for everybody.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck!

Veterinary matches came out about a week ago. It was a hectic Monday in the teaching clinic. A bunch of people matched really well, and a bunch of people had to scramble when they didn't expect it. Rough day for everybody.
Did you participate in it? I didn't realize that vets had a similar system...makes sense :)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I didn't participate this year (I'm only a 3rd year), and I probably won't next year. The plan right now is for me to just pass boards, then go right into practice. I've already moved my family half way across the country for vet school, and I feel like it's not really fair to have them give up even more time for internship/residency. Maybe some day.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't participate this year (I'm only a 3rd year), and I probably won't next year. The plan right now is for me to just pass boards, then go right into practice. I've already moved my family half way across the country for vet school, and I feel like it's not really fair to have them give up even more time for internship/residency. Maybe some day.
Well hang in there...you are almost there! So are the residencies for subspecialties?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts