Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started last night... I know that tomorrow we are going to DC and I'll come back on Sunday with no Ender... with no idea if he'll ever be in my life again like he was these past 94 days.

My eyes are welling up... I just wish I could stop the pain for 5 days... please brain/heart... let me just enjoy these next few days... I'll grieve when I get back.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Eyes welling up here, too. :( It's going to be a hard adjustment for Ender, too.

Linds, make sure Eric lets you watch him again if he'll be gone for an extended time.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Linds, make sure Eric lets you watch him again if he'll be gone for an extended time.
Eric's next trip is in April... he'd going to Turkey for a week? or ten days?

I'm thinking about the possibility of flying myself out there to take care of Ender during that time... I'll use my vacation time so I don't lose any money.

I don't think I could talk Eric into doing the whole "shipping Ender back and forth" thing for something like a 10 day trip... not to mention I'm not so completely selfish as to put Ender through flying any more than would be absolutely necessary (really should only do it if Ender needed to be taken care of for a month or more imo)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i'm so sorry, linds. my heart is sad for you. :(

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I am sorry Lindsey. I am sure Ender will come back and visit again while Eric travels he knows how much that you love him.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I wanted to use that crying emoticon, but he's gone...

This'll have to do.

So sorry your facing this goodbye....

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yea, these smilies suck ass!

I'm thinking about the possibility of flying myself out there to take care of Ender during that time... I'll use my vacation time so I don't lose any money.
That is a great idea!!! :)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I'm sorry you have to do this. It's a heartbreaking situation for everybody. Weren't you thinking of getting a job in that area and moving? That would be ideal, then you could share.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Weren't you thinking of getting a job in that area and moving? That would be ideal, then you could share.
Yes... and it would be ideal (I feel like I could really use a fresh start somewhere else)... I just don't know if in this current job market that will happen realistically. In a way... I feel kinda shitty looking for a job when I already have one (that is pretty good) with how many people are unemployed.

I know this is the wrong way to think... but I can't help it. I'm just feeling very down right now and confused about what is possible and what is best for me.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I am so sorry, I can't even imagine how that feels.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Yes... and it would be ideal (I feel like I could really use a fresh start somewhere else)... I just don't know if in this current job market that will happen realistically. In a way... I feel kinda shitty looking for a job when I already have one (that is pretty good) with how many people are unemployed.

I know this is the wrong way to think... but I can't help it. I'm just feeling very down right now and confused about what is possible and what is best for me.
You shouldn't feel bad about that. Your job would open up for someone else that doesn't have a job, so you'd be doing someone else a favor. I'd start looking on line and see what's out there.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You shouldn't feel bad about that. Your job would open up for someone else that doesn't have a job, so you'd be doing someone else a favor. I'd start looking on line and see what's out there.
Actually no it wouldn't... well at least not for a while. We have a hiring freeze going on right now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts