Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... where do I begin?

I guess I'll start with the least exciting news... I FOUND AN APARTMENT!!!! Moved in yesterday morning... (yes that's right, the day after I got back from vegas I moved as well... ugg!) I moved to a 4th floor apartment and due to mom stuff (and it being a 4th floor apartment)... I took a plunge and hired movers (instead of having John help me move). OH THANK GAWD!!!! They were done in 2.5 hrs... it was awesome!

Pictures of the new place should be up on my site in a few... http://web.mac.com/milbran220/iWeb/Lindsay's Website/New Apartment.html (if you are interested) Over the next few weeks I'll decorate... get some furniture ::) ... but there it is... in it's unfinished glory. (what a girl, I did the bathroom first :p) Honestly it feels just OH SO GOOD to be living alone again... with the whole place mine... it's near a lot of stuff (restaurants/shops) too... reminds me of the days I lived a half block off State Street in Madison.

It was a bit of an adventure getting here though... My flight out of vegas was supposed to leave at 6 pm, getting into Milwaukee at 11:00 pm local time... I had movers coming at 8 am so this was cutting it a little close (still had some last minute packing to do). Well at 4:30 pm when I arrived at the airport, I learned my flight had been delayed til 11 pm!!! Yup... 5 extra hours in the airport. I didn't get home til 4:30 am... caught about 1 hr sleep on the plane, and about 2 hrs (if that) sleep at home before getting up to do my last minute packing. I'm happy to say though that I did it! By 10:30 am the movers were done and I was in my new place. Just waiting on a mattress and cable guys to come over. (sleep and internet... that's all I need :p )

And now for the really good part...

So... vegas was great... a nice high 70s/low 80s weather… warm enough to walk around in a sleeveless top but not really warm enough for a cabana (sorry Dan... no cabana pictures this time)

I met up with a boy...

We had a great time... lots of laughing...

And just walking around checking stuff out

Thuy is a real sweetie... he even delayed his own flight (and took one 4 hrs later) to stay with me in the airport while I waited for mine.

So yup… that was that… I had a great time and felt really happy and content… haven’t had that feeling in a very long time. Even with the mom stuff going on and the stress of having to move when I got back... I still feel the happiest I've felt for as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You look great (and happy!) in those pics Linds. So dish about Thuy. How did you meet? Is it serious? How do you pronounce his name? 8)

I'm going to check out your apartment pics after I post this.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jzgrlduff said:
So dish about Thuy. How did you meet? Is it serious? How do you pronounce his name? 8)
We met playing Warcraft (online game several JL people play... OurTrinity (Becca) and Maggiesparents (Tracie) and phseamstress (Paula) all know him from there as well... I know... sounds so silly but we hit it off right away and started talking like old friends.) He has a Pug (dog lover YAY!) named Pugo (poo-go). Pretty much right off the bat we just started talking all day every day... on the phone (thank goodness for mobile to mobile!) and online.

Serious? In a word... yes. I knew he was special when the mom stuff came up. I cannot begin to tell you how much he was able to support me just over the phone when I was dealing with all that. He let me cry on the phone... rant on and on... let me be quiet when I needed to be quiet... distracted me when I needed to be distracted... etc... he was just perfect in helping me get through that situation. Of course there are a million other reasons I'm completely infatuated with him... but when we met at the airport we just sort of fell into this natural rhythm... talking... holding hands... laughing... just perfect.

Thuy is pronounced Twee :)

Did you just meet Thuy or did you go to meet him there?
Mmm see above... Vegas was when we first met "in person" but I've known him for a while online :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh how cool is that?! ;D It sounds like it was meant to be Linds. Where does he live?

Meanwhile, Thuy is pronounced Twee? *scratches head*
I'm afraid to ask what his last name is. LOL

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jzgrlduff said:
Oh how cool is that?! ;D It sounds like it was meant to be Linds. Where does he live?

Meanwhile, Thuy is pronounced Twee? *scratches head*
I'm afraid to ask what his last name is. LOL
He lives in California... :( BUT!... this means I get to go to CA now and have a place to stay :)

I'm used to the different pronunciations working at a university with lots of asian professors... I tend to hope that the first time I call I get their voicemail so I hear them saying their own name first. :)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
My what big boobs you have!!! :p Never seen a full pic of you from the neck down (should I be banned for saying that :-*)

Nice pics of Vegas and the Appt. - glad you were able to find an apartment you like, looks like a nice place. Do they accept pets? If they do when is the new puppy coming in?

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Awesome, Lindsay! You look very happy and relaxed in the pics. And you and Thuy look cute together. :D

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
You look so good! Thuy sounds like he is a real sweetheart! It's amazing when you find someone that you are in sync with like that.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Awesome Lindsey!! sounds like you had a great time and was able to relax for the first time in a while. I'm so glad you were able to get into your apartment have fun decorating!!
I met my husband online (shhhhh no one really knows that) so I know it can work just have fun for now.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I forgot to ask: where in CA does Thuy live? There are several of us JLers in the Bay Area, y'know. ;D

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hunter said:
My what big boobs you have!!! :p Never seen a full pic of you from the neck down (should I be banned for saying that :-*)
Thanks for the compliment... and making me giggle. ;) It's the shirt I swear!!! :p

Nice pics of Vegas and the Appt. - glad you were able to find an apartment you like, looks like a nice place. Do they accept pets? If they do when is the new puppy coming in?
They allow smaller dogs... I'm hoping I can eventually work some magic on the apartment managers. They already love me because I informed them of several things needing repairs (the person that lived here previously never told them when something broke aparently).

Honestly though... it will be a while before I'm ready to be a dog-mom again. I'll know when the time is right (I hope)... won't be too long but I know it won't be soon either.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Congratulations on the new apartment! Looks really nice.

It's so nice to hear about Thuy, enjoy your future, you deserve it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts