Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I give up! My computer and itunes do not see my ipod. I'm using windows. I've been all over help, slid the hold key, done the 5Rs, installed itunes about 50 times, nothing. I've done the my computer service & applications start and restart, nothing. Any other ideas?

TYI

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I plug the cord into my computer, the ipod does lite up. So I'm guessing the cord is ok.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean the iPod won't load onto the computer?

Not sure what you mean by that. My computer doesn't acknowledge it. I thought when you plugged it into the computer, itunes should open and it should automatically sync. I've reinstalled itunes several times and nothing. My Computer doesn't see it.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
So iTunes and your iPod work individually but your iPod will not work with iTunes when you plug it into the computer?

Is the iPod new? could a security program (Norton Antivirus, etc.) be blocking it?

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Check your preferences over in itunes...make sure itunes is set as your default player and that you want it to open automatically.

Im no expert...i cant even get my songs from itunes over onto my DD's shuffle. ::)

How hard is that?....can't do it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Do you have a case or cover on it? My son had similar sounding trouble. With the cover on when it was attached to the computer it would light up but not be recognized. The cord must not have been making full contact. Once the case was removed it worked just fine.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Maybe your iTunes isn't set to automatically sync? Mine was and I think its default but I changed it to so I do it manually.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No case, reset to automatic sync, no firewall problems. Still cannot get my computer and itunes to see my ipod. :mad:

Any other suggestions?

TYI

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No luck. :'(

I've tried everything suggested. I'm at a total loss on what to do now. So I have all these songs I spent hours downloading to itunes and can't get them to my ipod.

For Sale: 1 ipod nano!!!!!

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Kim,

I got your PM... unfortunately since it's on a PC I can't help you all that much (haven't dealth with PCs and ipods in forever)... BUT... did you go to the link Jimbo provided... and try everything?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've tried everything that Jimbo suggested (thanks Jimbo). I will try the iLounge tonite and let you know!

I have itunes at work that I can get to. Haven't brought the ipod in to try that. Is there a way to get the tunes from my home computer itunes to my work itunes? That would solve the immediate need at least.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts