Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam, my b/f, is a used car salesman. Here in Flagstaff (SUPER small town with low credit scores and high poverty rates) it is VERY difficult to sell cars, but sam is an amazing salesman. People like him cuz he's honest, and kind, and genuinely wants to help people. He's not sleazy and sneaky like many car salesmen. Anyway.....

Sam is looking up car lots in St. Louis and he has found SEVERAL lots that have demo cars for top salesman (which he is) AND sign on bonuses from 1,000-10,000 dollars! Holy ****! Now, he wouldn't be able to qualify for the 10,000 dollar sign on bonus BUT he should be able to get a job at one of these lots and that would mean he would get a couple thousand dollars just for joining the lot. That means we would have rent covered for an entire year! OMG!

Also, I don't have my liscense or a car yet (i'm 19) cuz the cost of insurance ($225 a month) and gas is soooo high. Well, i spoke with my mom and she says now that I am 19 it would only cost and extra $42 to be on her insurance!!! Thats like hundreds less then how much it was when I was 16 ($225).

Sam and I have had the WORST luck the last couple of months. Its been horrible. Everything that could have gone wrong financially did. BUT it seems that everything is taking a turn for the better. I am so happy I could cry!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Planning to marry anytime soon? Your insurance will drop again then. :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha! Yay! insurance breaks! ;) Sam and I would like to marry, just not now. At only 19 years old I still have alot of 'growing up' to do before I am ready. Hopefully once our relationship isn't under constant assualt from stress due to finances things will be alot better for us relationship wise. I think stressing over money puts any relationship onto the coals no matter how strong the bond is. I think that all this stress just made us stronger as a couple and I love him very much. LOL our two year anniversary is on May 9th, right in the middle of our 22 hour move! oh boy! Screaming cats and whimpering dog I can't wait! It's gunna be so romatantic. not! lol

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I'm happy for you! :)

hahaha! Yay! insurance breaks! Sam and I would like to marry, just not now. At only 19 years old I still have alot of 'growing up' to do before I am ready. Hopefully once our relationship isn't under constant assualt from stress due to finances things will be alot better for us relationship wise. I think stressing over money puts any relationship onto the coals no matter how strong the bond is. I think that all this stress just made us stronger as a couple and I love him very much. LOL our two year anniversary is on May 9th, right in the middle of our 22 hour move! oh boy! Screaming cats and whimpering dog I can't wait! It's gunna be so romatantic. not! lol
I have to say, I am a bit younger than you and you have so much on your plate...I don't know how you cope!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha neither do I, Rosie! To be fair, it really is Sam that takes on the brunt of everything. I guess I just cope cuz I don't have any other choice.

OMG before now it seemed like sam and I had bad luck or something. EVERYTHING was going wrong. But now things are looking up. THANK GOD.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good for both of you :D

Good luck with the move! (We moved from NC to NY last year - there were some..."tense" moments between the two of us to say the least!)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like St. Louis, I did grow up there, but I certainly can't wait to buy a condo out in Boulder, CO and move there in a year.

Sam and I have been struggling with rent out here for months. To not have to worry about it would be so awesome! Now I don't know for sure that he has a job at any of these places, the possiblity is just reallllyyy good. So I hope all works out well. It would be simply amazing! If anyone's ever seen the movie "The Pursuit of Happyness" well that is like the story of mine and Sam's life, one bad thing happening after another. But just like the movie, things work out in the end. I am sooooo relieved.

yellojakesmom said:
Good for both of you :D

Good luck with the move! (We moved from NC to NY last year - there were some..."tense" moments between the two of us to say the least!)
haha...there are bound to be some tense moments on hour 22 hour straight drive. lol.

·
Registered
235 Posts
your insurance rates will also drop when you turn 21 and then maybe at 25. I work at a insurance company.. waiting for Dec 31 to come so my rates drop :)

J

·
0 Posts
Yay! Very happy for you.

I like St. Louis too! (I was born just over the border in Illinois)

Good Luck with everything!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. The big move is just two days away now! I'm excited to see my mom and save up money so sam and I can finally move to our dream city, Boulder CO. I can't wait

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Glad to hear things are looking up for the two of you.
You're only 19, have a good head on your shoulders...you'll go far.

Will you remember us when you become a vet?

Good luck on you move.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha..thank you.

I've promised about 50 ppl that I'll be there when they need a vet lol. I'm pretty sure I'll be here on JL for a looonnnnggg time, so once I actually become a vet, I'll be happy to offer my services. ;D

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I always say that a rough patch in your finances are an excellent test of a relationship. If you can make it through one and learn more about how to work together as a team, the bedrock of your relationship will only get stronger.

Money troubles always pass, but it sounds like the two of you are working on a really good relationship there! I hope the Good Luck keeps rolling in for you both!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I have my kids (21, 25, & 25) on my insurance, but only for our vehicles (they don't own cars). I take it you don't have a car? I don't think your mom can include you on her insurance for your car. I'm glad you're happy :) but I'm confused as to the benefit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts