Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna scream. Boss has a Vh1 reality show on with bimbos galore!! :mad:

flipping back from that to golf!! the stupid tv is right in my line of sight. Regular boss is on vacation...the tv would still be on though.

I don't want to be a gripe but I don't want to listen and see this crap everyday.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Sucks!! *hugs* I don't know what I'd rather deal with...TV like that or a awkwardness due to office drama with the office secretary!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Unless you work in a TV store having a TV on should be a no no . I'm glad that the economy is improving so much that those lucky few who are still employed can watch VH1 and golf at work.

I beginning to think we don't deserve prosperity.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Isn't that risking sexual harassment suits galore? Hostile environment and all that??

Risky business these days........

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Isn't that risking sexual harassment suits galore? Hostile environment and all that??

I never thought of that. Interesting.

Could it be harassment for just watching a tv show......one that is aired during the day and is therefore deemed OK for kids to watch?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Unless you work in a TV store having a TV on should be a no no . I'm glad that the economy is improving so much that those lucky few who are still employed can watch VH1 and golf at work.
True dat. Doesn't he have any actual work to do? Sheesh.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES that's it sexual harrassment!! There are 2 other gals that work in here with me and I don't know how they feel about it. The older gal can't see the tv just hear it..and the other gal who also can see the tv is in her 20s and just goes with it.

He is never busy enough.... Then the comments that he makes about what is on tv to the other men....ick!! Of course they chime in too.

The tv is mounted in the corner of the first office area and there are 5 men in there.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I beginning to think we don't deserve prosperity.
It's nuts!! It will all hit the fan eventually here!!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Could it be harassment for just watching a tv show......one that is aired during the day and is therefore deemed OK for kids to watch?
If it's Bimbos, yes. Even PG13-rated ones. Contributes to the environment where the objectification of women is deemed acceptable.

They're all walking thin ice, IMHO.......

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why do they have a TV on at work anyway?
Well when he got here a year a half ago the tv appeared. It never would of happened when the owner was here...he retired and his son took over. Then he hired this guy/business partner.

the male/female commericals even make me feel awkward!! :eek:

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
If it's Bimbos, yes. Even PG13-rated ones. Contributes to the environment where the objectification of women is deemed acceptable.

They're all walking thin ice, IMHO.......
I'm sure you're right.

Now let me ask you this.....why couldn't a woman who worked on a show like that......say a camera person for arguments sake, ........why couldn't she say she was being harassed?

If your job was to record the objectification of women for a TV show.......

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
exactly what I thought when I read your post.
If you express your "uncomfortable-ness" about it...what will happen, you think?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts