Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first. Our ADA was magic. About 40 something, confidently respectful of us, the judge, the defense counsel (who was an elephant with a brain the size of an ant). Judge deemed there was enough evidence to support the criminal charges against Apeman.

Arraignment is June 4 (we do not have to be present). He will enter his plea at that time. If he pleads guilty, he'll get at least 2 years in jail. If he pleads not guilty it will probably go to a jury trial.

Now for the fun stuff. Defense (oh GOD you should have seen this woman!) :eek: kept harping on how Tudor got back to his house. He repeatedly told her how our neighbor had carried him there. At one point she tried to imply that it was the good neighbor who could possibly have caused the injuries just by the way he carried Tud. HUH?!? She kept asking how the neighbor carried him to the house. Tudor indicated with his arms the manner in which you might carry a child on its back. She didn't understand. She asked again (here's where I almost laughed out loud) "Were any of your feet touching the ground when your neighbor carried you?" I thought "Oh for crying out loud! Any of your feet? How many do you think he has?!? Judge tells her to drop that line of questioning... she's pissed. She doesn't believe Tudor.

ADA questions Tud next. "Can you describe your neighbor?" "Yes, I can. He is 6' tall, weighs approximately 200 pounds, he is quite fit for his age (72). He is a carpet installer by trade and I've seen him lift some pretty heavy carpeting." "Mr. Williams, how tall are you?" "I am 5' 7-1/2"." "How much do you weigh?" "I was weighed at the hospital in the ER the day I was taken in. I weighed 123 pounds." "Thank you, Mr. Williams. Nothing further, your honor."

*quietly chuckled and chuckled and chuckled...*

That's it for now, kids! :)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Don't know how you controlled yourself. I would have been laughing out loud.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I would have been thrown out of court for applauding. I think some of these people watch too much TV. Glad the morning went well for you, and not so well for Cheetah.

·
0 Posts
Finally some positive progress!! Seems like the defense attorney realizes her case is sh*t and she's trying to grab for anything she can.

B

·
0 Posts
I'm so glad that part is over.

Doesn't that idiot's line of questioning remind you of that email that goes around once in a while...with the quotes actually recorded from court proceedings...

"Q: Was that the same nose you broke as a child?

A: I have only one, you know. "

OR

"Q: And was he dead when you performed the autopsy?

A: No, you idiot, he was sitting up on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy! "

::)

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Love the feet thing. Glad this is moving forward and I didn't have to stage a "sit in". LOL

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Oh Dear Lord...how many FEET do you have? lmbo...how did you NOT bust out laughing, Nance? rotf

So glad things went well. Go out this weekend and celebrate with Tudor :laugh: Cheers!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
She wasn't mad because she didn't believe him, she was pissed that her only and best defense for Apeman just flew right out the window. What a stupid cow; this is one of the many reasons why I couldn't continue in criminal law; you have to defend scummy loser guilty knuckle-draggers like this. I'm so glad I had a talent for computers that I could tap, this way I can sleep peacefully at night.

'Were any feet dragging on the ground' indeed. ::) Regardless of what was dragging, they wouldn't have been if apeman kept his filthy hands to himself, would they.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Show up for the arraignment even though you don't have to. A lot of plea bargains are made at this stage and you don't want to get a call from your ADA telling you it was done in your absence. They don't have to tell you in advance; better to be there and get your two cents in.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh man. ANY of your feet? ::)

Sounds like it went very well. I sure hope he gets the slammer for as long a period as the law allows.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts