Just Labradors banner

OMG, how expensive!!! (horsey folks)

495 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  blacklabparent 
#1 ·
I cleaned up my saddle today. I have a nice saddle pad, but it's filthy with cobwebs, dust, spiders. I brushed it off and hung it on the fence, and thought I'd stop by Tractor Supply and just see how much a new one would cost me.

$74.95!!!

I about $hit my pants. WOW. Things are so expensive anymore. Needless to say, I will be washing my saddle pad tomorrow and letting it dry for a day or two and then start using it!!! No new one for me.

#7 ·
As the mother of a young equestrian, I am becoming all too aware of the costs of some "luxury" items. When she asked for a saddle pad, I thought a $35 Shedrow braid trim would be lovely.

But no.

She likes this

$149

Perhaps when she is jumping at Spruce meadows. Til then, the Shedrow is just fine. =)

#8 ·
i have a shenadoah no slip contour pad. it has a rubber waffle underside that allows air to get under it and keep storm cool while we're riding in the warmer weather and keep her cool when it gets colder out. i paid about 65.00 for it but i had a gift card. i plan on keeping it as long as i can.

#9 ·
I bought a Professionals Choice pad for my guy years ago (and he's been gone 8 years now) and it still looks wonderful! Needs cleaned, as it's been hanging in the tackroom since Geym passed. The sheepskin isn't even worn! It cost me $149 wayyyy back then!

If you buy a good one they last forever....

Lucy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.