Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oprah wants her, Dr. Phil wants her, she's being offered a REALITY SHOW *hurk*! Not to mention book deals, and she has an agent.

I am just absolutely disgusted beyond words.
:tsk:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
And we wondered why she would want to do this!
I guess she is a little smarter than I gave her credit for; or the media is just dumber than I gave them credit for.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both, Deb!

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
If the public stopped seeking this sort of 'reality' crap as entertainment, there would be no market for people like this. The North American public is enabling this sort of nonsense. So stop feeding into it and it just might go away.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The North American public is enabling this sort of nonsense.
The North American public?

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
If the public stopped seeking this sort of 'reality' crap as entertainment, there would be no market for people like this. The North American public is enabling this sort of nonsense. So stop feeding into it and it just might go away.
Crap reality shows such as the ones on VH1 play all over the world. It is not just Americans watching the garbage. I know I don't! LOL

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
But, but Cam, then what would half the people on this board talk about if they can't snoop into other people's lives?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good one!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
They could take up collective navel gazing.
...on tap to be an Olympic exhibition event in London 2012, I believe. The Swiss are apparently killer at it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people...people can easily
be persuaded to accept the most inferior ideas or useless products." .....H.L. Mencken

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life" Dean Wormer, Faber College, Animal House
guess he was wrong...

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Then why are there different versions of shows in other Countries and Canada?

I think the fact is that the world over, people suck this crap up. Big Brother was a huge hit in England for example.
I beg to differ. I just came back from Costa Rica (Central America) and I was happy as all get out that reality tv wasn't a thing there. I didn't watch tv at all there. I enjoyed the country and all of the wonders it had to offer. I think that all people need to explore a different culture/country at least once in their lives to really appreciate what they have. I'll be forever changed buy this experience and can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I beg to differ. I just came back from Costa Rica (Central America) and I was happy as all get out that reality tv wasn't a thing there. I didn't watch tv at all there. I enjoyed the country and all of the wonders it had to offer. I think that all people need to explore a different culture/country at least once in their lives to really appreciate what they have. I'll be forever changed buy this experience and can't wait to go back.
I agree it is important to travel and see past your own Country. I have traveled to a number of places, and hope to make it to many more in the future. Travelling was part of the reason I ended up living in the U.S.

Most people who travel to interesting places are not likely to sit in and watch tv. Plenty of Countries have access to watch reality tv. When I was in the Gambia (Western Africa) I made friends with locals and visited someone's home. They had the tv on inside with access to shows I was familiar with from England. However, some of the other villages I visited where people live in poor conditions its obviously a different story. I took time to hand out pens to the kids so they could attend schools.

One of my friends is from Peru. He moved here 6 or 7 years ago and there are not many shows i've seen that he is unfamiliar with based on what he watched in Peru.

The point I was making is that North America is not the only consumer targeted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts