Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard Rio start barking loudly last night at 4 am. . which was weird, because his crate is in the family room and quite a distance from my room. I opened the door to the bedroom and he was standing right outside my door barking, which was weird, because his EMPTY crate was in the family room. I let Rio and Duke out back and heard a huge commotion. I was still too groggy to figure out what was going on, and let them back inside, crated them and went back to bed.

I'm driving a borrowed vehicle (my parents) since my transmission is about to go. This afternoon when I got ready to go out to school to work I noticed that my glove box was open. This didn't bother me much because the latch is broken-- but just to be sure, I checked out my father's truck (they're on vacation, and he was dumb and evidently left it unlocked) and his glove box was open as well. I called the police and evidently there are people all over town who have had the same thing happen last night. They said that the thieves took credit cards and check books from other stupid people who left their cars unlocked and that stuff in there. They are fairly sure that it is local kids.

I guess Rio heard them outside from his crate (just 10-15 feet from the vehicles) and jiggled the door to his crate until it gave. I'm so thankful that he was there to scare them away in case they thought about coming into the house.

Dad doesn't know if his checkbook was in there or not. . we've got to call the bank first thing tomorrow morning. :-\

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Give that dog a special treat! I love hearing about them protecting their families from harm.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
GOOD Rio! He must have been frantic! I'm sorry your vehicles were ransacked though... stupid criminals.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Emyly N Rio said:
the thieves took credit cards and check books from other stupid people who left their cars unlocked and that stuff in there.
did you just call your dad stupid? harsh.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Wow, good job Rio! ;D

I hope everything's OK and you guys aren't missing anything. Man, there is nothing like having a vehicle in your driveway broken into. You feel so violated. :(

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Along with myself. . . He's not stupid, just forgetful. I, on the other hand, was stupid and lucky that my bowling equip didn't get stolen.

However, I can't believe how many people had their checkbooks etc in their vehicles. . .

kelli said:
Emyly N Rio said:
the thieves took credit cards and check books from other stupid people who left their cars unlocked and that stuff in there.
did you just call your dad stupid? harsh.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
We had a rash of thefts like that a few months back in our neighborhood. They got a lot of people. Luckily our garage sits back on our property and the only vehicle that sits out is my husbands work car and all that's in it is crap and dirt. He keeps it locked too.
I'm glad they didn't get much hopefully your dad's checkbook wasn't in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts