Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's my sweet, top row in the back (towering above the rest of the cast)

For those who may not know (I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it here), Kevin used to perform in Opryland's headline show, "I Hear America Singing." Opryland had many shows, of course, but this was the biggie, and it ran for a loooong time (possibly the duration of the park's existence).

This picture was taken in about 1978 or 1979. What is very exciting and interesting (to me) is, those are years that I had season's passes to Opryland. I practically lived at the park all summer. Mom would drop me off with a friend in the morning, and I closed the park down every night. There is no doubt that I was in the theater where Kevin performed, watching him do an impression of Steve Martin (Well Excuuuuuuse Me!) and had no idea that I was looking at my future husband. Isn't that wild?!?

Kevin received the clip this week from a buddy in the show who has been randomly looking up old cast members. :) He was also kind enough to send Kevin a DVD of the cast's performance at the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville!! This was an extraordinary treat for me, as I have only just seen pictures of Kevin's performances.

Kevin was AWESOME! I know I'm a bit biased :p, but he really shined. He did a Vaudeville act with two other guys...they were playing the three Presidents from Tennessee. Kevin was James K. Polk, and was doing all the schtick (and getting ALL the laughs). That's my Kevin - what a scene stealer! :D

Anyway, just wanted to share this picture. Seeing this and the video last night has really been fun!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D

I asked him twice and he did not tell me NOT to do it, so I'm thinking I have permission. ??? :D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed they are! :eek: I believe they wore a brief-type thingie underneath. They did do lots of high-kicks. :p

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
wow.. how tall is kevin exactly? He's a head taller than everyone else!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's not that tall. :D He was just standing on a higher step than everyone else. :p

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's really cool!

J

·
0 Posts
This picture was taken in about 1978 or 1979. What is very exciting and interesting (to me) is, those are years that I had season's passes to Opryland. I practically lived at the park all summer. Mom would drop me off with a friend in the morning, and I closed the park down every night. There is no doubt that I was in the theater where Kevin performed, watching him do an impression of Steve Martin (Well Excuuuuuuse Me!) and had no idea that I was looking at my future husband. Isn't that wild?!?
WOW! :eek: That IS wild!! :D
Cool picture!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts