Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I woke up to this morning

No, that's not snow, it is ice :surprise: Here are a few pics of the boys out in it this morning..
I want the ball!

Mom, How do I walk in this stuff?

Playing tag...

After all that play, they both curled up for a good long nap.. :happy:

Sorry about the pic quality, I still haven't learned how to take good actionss pics of a black lab

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'm in Tulsa. Glad you took pics... I didn't because you really can't see the treachery of the ice.
It's there and it is hiding and it's going to be even worse tomorrow. Be careful, neighbor!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Cool pictures.

·
Registered
101 Posts
:surprise: Wow, glad the ice is gone here! be careful. Cool pics of the kids playing by the way.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Therein lies the treachery. The ice is covered by a thin layer of snow. In one of those first pics you can actually see the glisten of the ice with no indentations from their paws.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
snowflake said:
Okay, ice/snow virgin question here. If that's ice, why are the dogs making footprints in it? I don't see footprints being made on ice when ponds freeze over. (Of course, I'm talking about seeing it in pics. I've never seen a frozen pond in my life.)
It is small ice pellets, kinda like sugar, rather then snowflakes, more like sleet. There is also a solid frozen layer underneath.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paddysmom said:
I'm in Tulsa. Glad you took pics... I didn't because you really can't see the treachery of the ice.
It's there and it is hiding and it's going to be even worse tomorrow. Be careful, neighbor!
Hi there neighbor! We are about 20 miles south of Norman. Heard you guys got hit pretty hard up there, too. Be careful!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Be carefull. I hate ice storms. Thankfully we don't get many here, maybe once every 5 years. We call them freezing rain. No snow on top and it can be 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, all wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, doesn't matter. If you don't have tracks with cleats on them, you might as well not try.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Paddysmom said:
Tulsa!? I didn't have a clue that you were that close, and Ceasersmom even closer! I'm just a couple hours south of both of you down 75 into TX. 30 miles East of Sherman/Denison. We are almost on the Red River border with "all ya'll". :laugh:

This was our day ...

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...?hourly=1&query=75447&yday=26&weekday=Tuesday

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cappy_TX said:
Paddysmom said:
Tulsa!? I didn't have a clue that you were that close, and Ceasersmom even closer! I'm just a couple hours south of both of you down 75 into TX. 30 miles East of Sherman/Denison. We are almost on the Red River border with "all ya'll". :laugh:

This was our day ...

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...?hourly=1&query=75447&yday=26&weekday=Tuesday
Hey Cappy! Shoot ya'll are just right down the road! :laugh: Hope you are staying warm.

I have been down through that area on our way to I-20, or was it I-10? I always mix those 2 up... . If I remember right that's a lonely stretch of Hwy 75.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
ceasersmom said:
Hey Cappy! Shoot ya'll are just right down the road! :laugh: Hope you are staying warm.

I have been down through that area on our way to I-20, or was it I-10? I always mix those 2 up... . If I remember right that's a lonely stretch of Hwy 75.
Could be either ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Interstate_Highways_in_Texas

And as far as mixing things up is concerned, please be careful about that. I once knew a blonde gal from OK who got the jars of putty and vasoline mixed up. Guess what happened that night?

Nope ... all the windows in her house fell out!

:laugh:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cappy_TX said:
ceasersmom said:

Could be either ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Interstate_Highways_in_Texas

And as far as mixing things up is concerned, please be careful about that. I once knew a blonde gal from OK who got the jars of putty and vasoline mixed up. Guess what happened that night?

Nope ... all the windows in her house fell out!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Geez, Cappy! Now I have to clean the pepsi off my computer screen! :laugh:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Stay safe folks. For the record, I hate ice storms. We may be getting some ice with our snow tonight into tomorrow. Ugh!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Hahahaha!! Oh Jim! You're just down the pike a piece from us all!
Dintcha know that after all these years?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts