Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a big milestone for Koda.. and the ditty i was going to explain on fb..

She was exactly 6 weeks post-op!

That's huge.. because it means we can start going on short walks.. one block at first and then stretching it out as the days/weeks progress...

Well.. usually that's the case.. with koda it will be short walks until her next surgery because while her new knee can handle this.. her other knee is still damaged and still needs to be rested.

So.. we're currently trying to do a happy medium here.. having her walk enough to exercise her new knee without walking too much to hurt her old one.

that's a tough one..

Now.. for 6 weeks koda has happily gone from crate to outside and back again w/o so much as batting an eyelash at tuck. She never tried to play with him.. never tried to engage him in any way while we passed by.. but yesterday.. lil miss thing was play bowing him ever.single.time i took her out of the crate.

I'M SIX WEEKS.. I'M FULL OF PISS AND VINEGAR!

Anyway.. this is pretty exciting because we are officially halfway through surgery number one.. and 1/4 way through the entire ordeal.

By the time she's completely rehabbed with both knees, i'm going to have had my fill of convalescent care.

So.. we're taking this victory for now =)

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
I some how think it is rather appropriate that you have a dog full of Piss and Vinegar :D

You've done a great job with her. How happy she must be to get a little freedom!!!
Hang in there.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
KODA!!! :)

I love hearing her progress, Kel. She was SOOOOO meant to be with you and Tuck, and you are doing an awesome job taking care of her.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I some how think it is rather appropriate that you have a dog full of Piss and Vinegar :D

You've done a great job with her. How happy she must be to get a little freedom!!!
Hang in there.
Took the words right off my fingertips! ;) Glad Miss Thang is feeling better, continued prayers and good thoughts that the next one is easier on everyone, all the way around.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I was wondering how she was doing. Good news!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next time around will have some advantages.. especially not having to fight against the weather when it comes to keeping her leg stable during potty breaks.. that was a big one.. the ice and snow was a ***** to navigate..

but the harder part will be leaving her at home when i take tuck to the beach or on the trails..

She essentially loses 6 months of her life.. but i'm sure she'll be driving me up the wall in no time with her puppydog antics.

Didn't i say no puppies? I did.. right?

Oh well.. she's been so good.. she has her moments, but don't we all =)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Great news Kelli, she'll be doing victory laps before you know it. What great timing too!!!! Spring has sprung for you and Tuck and Koda!!

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Can't wait for the surgeries to be behind you for both your sake and Koda's. You guys are doing great! Koda's got an awesome momma!
:)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Fantastic news! One day this will all be behind you, and you will look back and fondly recall the days when you didn't have two Piss & Vinegar pups ganging up on you - but only for a second, 'cause they are just too cute to stay annoyed with for long!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Enjoyed this update!!! Pictures please! I think the 2nd surgery will go even better because you'll know what to expect post op....just hope that swelling doesn't occur like it did the first time! And if it does, you'll know exactly what to do! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts