Just Labradors banner

Okay ladies who use Bare Minerals

516 views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Anne 
#1 ·
I placed an order with Sephora to try it out.. if i hate it, i'm coming after you all!

=)

I also got a free sample of Jonathan Product - Dirt (from the tv show.. you know?) so that's cool =)

G
#8 ·
I hated it the first day. But I soon realized it was because I was using too much. A little goes a LONG way. You really do have to swirl and tap. You can always add more so be conservative when applying. I think it was a week before I finally got it down to a science. So give it a few days before deciding if you like it or not.

G
#9 ·
I loved it because I hate wearing foundation and my skin is really sensitive. The first few days it kind of made my face feel funny but once I got used to it I really liked the way I looked. The only downside for me was the price.

#13 ·
What Laurie said - err on the side of being too light rather than too heavy, because you can always add more. The short, fat Buki brush tends to cover too much, so I use the other one (handy buki?) with a smaller head and more tapered bristles. Tap, tap, tap!! ;) I find I have to be really light-handed with the sun stuff, too.

#14 ·
AmazonGold said:
What Laurie said - err on the side of being too light rather than too heavy, because you can always add more. The short, fat Buki brush tends to cover too much, so I use the other one (handy buki?) with a smaller head and more tapered bristles. Tap, tap, tap!! ;) I find I have to be really light-handed with the sun stuff, too.
Definitely start out light with the warmth (sun stuff).
I love the Bare Minerals and have never had an issue with it in the past year other than putting on too much of the warmth.

#16 ·
Have you seen the Sheer Cover stuff? It's the same kind of thing - Leeza Gibbons and Melissa Gilbert do the infomercial.

I'm a sucker for infomercials. The transformations were incredible. Things are never like they seem on TV.

I've only used it a couple times. I imagine it's the same as the Bare Minerals - my mom uses that - I just need to master the technique.

#17 ·
I use bare minerals...been using it for about 4 years now and i love it. Definately go light on the foundation, you can always add more as you go....i really dont use a lot and it covers up very nicely. I hated using the liquid foundation because if i got hot during the summer and sweat it would be running down my face....the bare minerals doesnt...and its the only makeup that doesnt make my face break out. I would definately get it.

#18 ·
I use it.
I like the powder foundation. It still looks good at the end of the day.
My daughter wears it, too. She loves it, and it really evens out her skin very well.

#19 ·
I use it! I have really really pale skin, but the 'fair' is a little too light for me. I'm more of a 'fairly light' girl. ;) I use the foundation, the mineral veil, blush. I use the foundation as concealer under my eyes. It is a great cover up and so light you can't feel it. I really like that it lasts all day, too. And if you need to freshen it up, you can just swipe on a little mineral veil and you're good to go. On weekends, I wear the mineral veil without any foundation. Like others said, easy on the warmth. I just use whatever comes off in the cap when I open it. Same with the blush. I LOVE BareMinerals though, and now would never go back to liquids. This stuff doesn't clog pores! :laugh:

#21 ·
I use it too! I love it! With the humidity here in Charleston the liquid foundation will either sweat down your face or give you a major breakout. Hardly ever break out at all with Bare Escentuals. (sp?) I think I get one zit @ that time of the month now and that's it. Before I looked like a land mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.