Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have decided to take out more life insurance . Along with that comes the dreaded forms to fill out. MEDICAL HISTORY: They want to know if anyone in my family has had cancer. and if so who. Ok. Grandmother, stomach cancer (she died from it), my mother (this is where it gets hard) She had surgery to resuspend her bladder and in the process removed her uterus. She got a call 2 weeks later saying they had found precancer cells in her uterus. She has to go back and have her ovaries removed. A small cyst is found and later determined to be a very early stage of cancer.
OK, my question.....I say yes she had ovarian cancer but do I say she had uterian cancer if it was just PRE cancerous cells. I say NO.
What do you think?
Hurry, I was suppose to have this paperwork done last week:D

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
IMO... only if she has been diagnosed do you have to put it down. If she's still in the testing phase or whatever... then you don't know for sure what it is.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
ummmm i had "precancerous cells" both in female areas and on my skin. i would consider that NOT being cancer.

so no with the uterus and yes to the ovary for your mom.

hope your mom is doing well and keep an eye on YOU!!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I'd call your physician and ask her/him. There is more than a remote possibility that IF you give incorrect information that they later find to be incorrect, they can deny coverage. -- That's been known to happen.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Precancerous cells are not cancer. They MAY at some point develop into cancer, but it is not a cancer diagnosis. Insurace is tricky though, good luck. I agree, ask a doc. I will ask at work tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I've had precancerous cells detected and removed (on my cervix). I definitely would NOT consider myself a cancer survivor or anything like that. I'd probably mention it on my life insurance for myself, not sure if I would for a family member.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had precancerous cells detected and removed (on my cervix). I definitely would NOT consider myself a cancer survivor or anything like that. I'd probably mention it on my life insurance for myself, not sure if I would for a family member.

Yeah, I'm thinking I don't have to admit the precancerous stuff.
I'll see what T has to say that McSteamy says tomorrow!
I've put off filling the forms out all week.......what's another day?:eek:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just answer "I don't know" or "I don't remember" when it come to family history. It's the truth. They all died years ago. I do get great low rates, though:)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
pre-cancerous is just before cancer it might have developed if not treated therefore my answer would be no to that one but yes on the ovarian cancer.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Gosh I can't tell you how many times my pap smears came back pre-cancerous. Most of my life was lifed like this. Pre-cancerous is NOT cancer. Pre-cancerous just means they found suspicious cells and you need to keep a close eye on it.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
OH God Sandy!
Thank God those aren't my forms - and Laura, I understand what you're saying in your post all to well - but being as it was found at the same time cancer was found...does that change things?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts