Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't text message. I just don't.
Most of the of the young world does, though.

So, if I email one of my young(er) relatives and type every word out like we do HERE, and I receive a reply of:

Oh yes, def.

v. exciting!

c
I can assume this means she really likes the idea and I should learn to write in txt?

Help? :confused:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Good for you You don't have to write in "text", I don't really shorten my words or anything when I am texting.
I think it is good you are willing and interested in doing it, you can do it any way you want.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Does her name start with C?

I read that to be

Oh yes, Definitely.

Very Exciting

C *being her name*

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
not a texter here...but was playing w/it
and I was charged. It is not on my calling plan.

You may want to check (if you haven't already) to see if you have unlimited texting. I forgot what they charged.

I think I was charged for receiving as well as sending a text.

have fun.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh! Oh, I got rid of the texting option on my cell last year. Never used it. Never will.
"C" is the first letter of her name, yes,... but this was an EMAIL!

:laugh:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Paddysmom said:
Oh! Oh, I got rid of the texting option on my cell last year. Never used it. Never will.
"C" is the first letter of her name, yes,... but this was an EMAIL!

:laugh:
My sister is 16 and she writes everything like this. I call it "teenage shorthand" and it makes me twitch!! Do they not learn grammar and spelling in school these days? :no: I still use full words and sentences and punctuation in my text messages. I do use predictive texting though and it makes it hard to write "teenage shorthand" with predictive text.

It's worse when you get emails from people you work with and they write that way :surprise:

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I text all the time but I very rarely use the "texting" language.. I have a phone with a full keyboard so it's easy for me to do that. Even without the full keyboard I still did it.

If I ever abbreviate words, it would be something like "w/" or "LOL." Pretty much everything else I type out. :happy:

I have friends, though, who are in their mid 20's and still text as if they are in middle school. "Sup? U want 2 come w/ me 2 the mall? Idk what I want, LOL" :crazy: *hits herself in the head*

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
yeh, nance be sure to check your plan. i did not get unlimited texting on mine and when my niece/nephew text me, i tell them don't plan on getting one back; i can call you!! :)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I become a complete idiot when I text. I'm still relatively new at it. I shorten words and intentionally leave out the superfluous words...lol. It looks as though all of my messages were written by Tarzan. It's really hard to text on an iphone, but I wanted all of the other features so I make the best of it.

I've learned that texting is perfect when you either can't speak out loud right then or when you don't necessarily want to be on the phone for half an hour just to ask a quick question.

Crackberry users are texting Gods.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
In order to get ringtones I had to have the text turned back on as I got a new phone it is 15 cents for each incoming and outgoing call that is not from my cell phone provider. As I bought the ringtones from them no charge. tomorrow I am calling them and having it turned back off.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
My kids text me once in a while, they know I'll read it, but never send one back. Might consider it, but them buttons are to dang small for my size 11 hand. Have enough trouble dialing numbers with out hitting the wrong key once or twice. :whistle:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I text all of the time, but spell everything out. My kids use "teenage shorthand" and sometimes I have to google it to see what they are trying to say :whistle:. My husband thinks it takes too long to text, so he writes his message on a piece of paper, takes a picture of it, and sends it as a picture :nerd:.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Me texting:

Hun - Dnt worry. Will take out th/roast bf to def---------- <<accidently hits SEND>>
grr!
Hun - Dnt worry. Will t---------- <<accidently hits SEND>>
oof!
Hun - Dnt worry. Will take out th/roast bf--------- <<accidently hits SEND>>
dammit!
Hun - Dnt wor---------- <<accidently hits SEND>>
wah!
Hun - Dnt worry. Will----- <<accidently hits SEND>>
flickenblicken!

HUN - CALL ME PLZ!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts