Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i did a very bad thing. and i need a bigger crate and am praising the prong collar.

he is about 1-1.5 ish still has a baby tooth gotta go see a vet on that one.

he has absolutly no manors, none.

oh and he tore up his crate, crap

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
That makes me so happy!! You did good and he will learn, hang in there:clap2::clap2: sorry about the crate....

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a Boxer that had a crate phobia actually it was just a confinement phobia...luckily he housetrained amazing fast. He chewed horribly though and since I couldn't contain him or he would go mental I bought a soft muzzle and put it on him when I was gone so he wouldn't chew up things...he did however still manage one day to chew a lamp cord with his muzzle on but for the most part my house was 99% safe. That way he could have free run of the house. Didn't the description about him say he was going crate crazy or having some problem with his crate at the shelter? He may just have claustrophobia.

Good Luck! And treats lots and lots of treats!!! I'll be anxious to here of his hopeful improvement!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
:clap2::clap2: You did a wonderful thing!!! Give him some time - he is probably frightened of the new environment and does not really understand that he has a forever home. No telling what he has been through in his life so far. Love and patience will work wonders. Maybe a wire-type crate rather than a solid one would help to relieve his anxiety about a crate. If he could see you and not feel so confined. Just a thought. The whining should calm down too once he settles in. Is he eating OK? I agree - lots of treats and lots of praise..... and we need pictures! Blessings to all of you.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Good for you both, I'm so glad he's home with you! The manners will come with time and patience. Best of luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts