Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But WHERE in the bed do they sleep? Our golden has always been very good about sleeping at the foot of the bed. Remy? Not so much. I'm going to need to see a chiropractor on a regular basis. The boy (who is 75 lbs) likes to get up on the side of the bed and stretch out next to me. Preferably with his head on my knee, ankle or if I'm lucky enough not to get his butt in my face...in the crook of my arm. He HAS to be touching me. If I manage to squirm out from under him to roll over? He scoots right in and pins me.

I spoil him. I know. I know. But this is the puppy that was going to be "distant" and "difficult to bond with" and now I can't deny him any cuddle time cuz I'm just so thrilled he's my boy.

Off to take more advil for my aching back....

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's just ridiculous here....
Aidan sleeps at the bottom of the bed on my side...he's a great foot warmer.
Ruby sleeps draped up against my husband and always has slept this way.
Emma has to be velcro'd to my back which is funny because during the day she wont leave my hub's side. But at night, it's mommy time.
Some mornings I too wake up and think...ok something is wrong here! They have most of the bed taken up and are slumbering peacefully while Im hangin off the edge.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Remy sounds like Bauer, he always has to be touching me. He either stretches out next to me or if I lay on my side and bend my knees, he culs up behind my knees. He prefers to fall asleep facing the door (his head towards the foot of the bed), but eventually he turns around and ends up with his head right next to mine.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
we don't have room in our bed for the big dogs...Gordy sleeps with our oldest son, sprawled out full length on the side of the bed. Sunshine sleeps inbetween me and my hubby when we feel like being nice, otherwise she is crated. Pixie is still in her crate because she is so active. Gus sleeps beside the bed on the floor right next to me.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Libby sleeps at the bottom on my side or in the bottom in the middle if I scootch her over a bit so my feet will fit. Willy gets right in the middle with his head on my pillow or in a ball in my belly. If I get too warm or uncomfortable and move around a lot, Libby will get up and go to the other bed or the couch. She does not like to be disturbed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buddy sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed. He likes to put his head on my bed and sits there as I fall asleep petting him.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
She started out as a rolled up ball at the foot of the bed... That didn't last long :D Then she wanted her own pillow next to mine. We shared covering. Fell asleep face to face after snuggling. Then she wanted her own new bed and she stopped sleeping with me. It felt very awkward to sleep without her in bed after 10 years. But she lubs her dog bed so much. I tuck her in at night and she can't really relax until I put the pillows right and cover her up with a blanket.

The other night we had shared two pears and it was a little too much for her tummy. So she decided to sleep with me in bed. It was really nice to have her cuddle up to me again. Even tho she laid down in the middle of the bed and I got the space left ;).

·
Registered
269 Posts
You guys have such funny answers. :)
Saff was originally sneaking onto the bed about 20 minutes after I fell asleep. I've honestly never seen her move as delicately as when she is sneaking onto the bed. I couldn't sleep one night and caught her doing it. Finally explained why I never noticed a 70+ lb dog invading my sleep territory. Now tho, we have no pretenses and she jumps up and is ready for bed before I am. We usually start out back to back, and then she usually moves further down thru the night. I think its making me a more aggressive sleeper tho, I used to get cowed 1/8 of the bed, but now I maintain my 50%.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Too funny! Dio likes to sleep on the end of the bed, curled or stretched but must be touching me. On weekends, he'll "army crawl" his way in between us and cuddle. He likes to kiss us awake and makes these grunty honk sounds. It's a hilarious way to wake up!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Baloo sleeps along the left side of my body, somehow defying physics and stretching his body the full length of mine. :suspicious:

Peanut curls up right beside my head in a little ball o' minpin. Very cute. :)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Ok, here goes..... Sherman, sleeps above my head,., he loves for me to lay my pillow over him and HE is the pillow..... Ginger sleeps in between DH and I.. she is usally snuggled up her back into my belly.. she stretches out like a human, her body laying next to mine.... Charlie Brown sleeps beside DH, on the outside edge..... and Bosley starts out at my legs, with this head on my hip or the crux of my knee,..,, sometimes he winds up beside me, on the outside edge and sometimes he winds up between us, at our feet..... he's the one that changes location... the others never seem to move.... and yes, we have a king size bed,,..... and they are the reason we got one of those Tempur pedic beds.... so we don't feel any movement if anyone moves !

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
LOL this is funny. How do you all manage to have romantic moments with your significant others with all the dogs on your beds?

Misha and Homer somehow managed to win me over and let them sleep with me inside my loft (in my previous rented house they slept in the laundry room, all the second floor was carpeted). BUT my bed is MINE! I Growl if they dare put a paw on my bed :) They have a comfy huge doggie bed besides my bed that they love. After sleeping with my old cocker on my bed for many years I concluded that snoring, farting, stretching or cuddling on top of me was not doing me any good and I wasn´t getting a good rest.

Sometimes I´m the one that actually cuddles with them on their bed

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush sleeps up against me most of the time, Boo is all over the place. She likes to make herself long like her daddy. The problem with that is it's usually the wrong direction on the bed. lol

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ok, here goes..... Sherman, sleeps above my head,., he loves for me to lay my pillow over him and HE is the pillow..... Ginger sleeps in between DH and I.. she is usally snuggled up her back into my belly.. she stretches out like a human, her body laying next to mine.... Charlie Brown sleeps beside DH, on the outside edge..... and Bosley starts out at my legs, with this head on my hip or the crux of my knee,..,, sometimes he winds up beside me, on the outside edge and sometimes he winds up between us, at our feet..... he's the one that changes location... the others never seem to move.... and yes, we have a king size bed,,..... and they are the reason we got one of those Tempur pedic beds.... so we don't feel any movement if anyone moves !
I love that you got a tempur pedic for that reason!

Daisy sleeps in her kennel, whether I'm with my fiance or at my parents, she actually prefers it, and if I invite her to sleep with me, she ends up in her crate.

Lola LOVES the bed, and when she's at my parents with me, she sleeps on the bed, but will sleep where I tell her to. I let her start up by my back, she likes to rest her head on my shoulder, then in the night I ask her to move to the end, and she lays on my feet.
When we are at the fiance's we have a full sized bed, so sometimes we let her lay at the end of it for the night, but usually we have her sleep in her crate, as we just don't get good rest with all 3 of us. We are getting a queen, so she can fit, though :)
I love napping with her, when we nap she lays right up by me and snuggles her face into mine and we sleep that way.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
On our feet, butted up against us. Sometimes Kate has her head on a pillow too. With three......even our kingsize bed gets a little cramped. :happy:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bailey always has her head and front paws up on the bed and I pet her for a few minutes. Once I roll over she goes to sleep in her own dog bed. But I always wake up in the morning with her sleeping next to me in my bed. I never feel her hop up or remember getting woken up by her, but she is always next to me in the morning. I have no clue how long she lasts in her dog bed before hoping up to sleep next to me.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Gracie is a bed hog, she sleeps on an angle on any given point of the bed and she has to be touching me. I wake up with a back ache every day. Thank God Lola loves her crate.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I hardly post anymore, but this one caught my eye because I can relate to the bed woes. Moose has slept with us as long as he could jump up to the bed. He is pretty good about curling up at the bottom usually in between SU and I. If he goes long, he usually stays in the middle if possible but is good about letting us just stuff our feet under him. We also have 3 cats and I think it is funny that Moose will never invade their spots if they decide to sleep on the bed.

Sky on the other hand, for the most part prefers to sleep on her bed next to the bed. If she does jump up she becomes a huge rock on the bed. You cannot budge her for anything and isn't accomodating at all if you want to stretch your feet out. She almost always sleeps on my side wedged into me. I can usually fall asleep, but after a few hours if she hasn't moved to the end of the bed she gets motivated to go back to her bed. She is 15lbs lighter than Moose, but sleeps like she is 50lbs heavier.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts