Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually really funny...stay with me on this one folks...

So all the blathering about the volcano and cancelled flights and whatnot had my travelling-to-France companion, Amy, and I emailing back and forth ferociously yesterday...what to do if British Airways cancels the flight - where should we reroute through (Madrid...we like rioja) - can we get new tickets straight to France...

Followed by the realization that we purchased our tickets through a 3rd party - Airfare.com (DO NOT EVER USE THESE PEOPLE) so our refund would have to be worked out through them...they don't have customer support online...no one speaks intelligible english on the phone...our tickets are non-refundable, non-changeable, non-reroutable and non-endorsable (i.e. we are screwed)...calls to B.A. followed...they can't do anything until day of passage...

Panic ensues...

So, Amy finds this flyer's rights website and I have down time so email them our sob story to see if they can give us any advice. I don't get an email back from them, but from a woman at the NY Times who was forwarded my email (cuz she's friends with the woman at the flyer's rights website) and wanted to know if she could interview me for an article she's writing for the travel section about the issues people have been having with cancelling and whatnot because of the volcano.

I'm at work so I forward this to Amy who would LOVE to talk to this woman from the NY Times (I'm at work and can't do it) They talk for oh...an hour. Not only are we supposedly getting quoted in the article but...

They want to take a picture of the 4 of us for the article! How funny is that? We're actually going to surprise my husband with it for a birthday gift since it will appear in the Sunday May 9th NY Times. (His birthday is the following week) I'll keep you posted if this actually comes to pass...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.