Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BURNS

The ingredients look a tad better than James Well Beloved so will be trying that. I asked my pet store about the others and they wont order anything in so there goes that idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Checked it out, the rating isn't too bad (at least there is not beet pulp in it thats a plus:)) says meat content is part of the reason it got a 3 star, you could always add a little meat into the diet if it really concerns you;)

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Don't do it, Karen. Honestly. I put mine on Burns for a while and they looked TERRIBLE on it and lost a lot of weight. I would say 'yes, it works for some dogs', and I am sure it does, but I have seen in person and heard from MANY people online that Burns has had the same effect on their dogs. I don't know of any other food that so many have had issues with.

Not only that, but you can get better for your money. Burns has a very high grain content. In some of their formulas, amazingly, the grain content runs as high 70%. Considering that you are paying £40-45 for a 15kg sack that is mostly grain, it doesn't exactly represent good value for money. High grain also means a very low meat content.

I would recommend Skinners or Arden Grange. You will get far more for your money in terms of price and quality of ingredients. If your pet shop "cant'" (can't be bothered more like...) order in foods, frankly I would look elsewhere or order online.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw on dog food analysis website Rosie after posting this grrr its so difficult isnt it!

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I saw on dog food analysis website Rosie after posting this grrr its so difficult isnt it!
Indeed!

How is he on the Chudleys? is he doing ok on it? I agree that the quality of the one you say he is on isn't great, but Chudleys do some better formulas with named ingredients. I have picked up a sack of Chudleys Working Crunch when I forgot to order Skinners before, and mine have been just fine on it.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is a tad itchy, he seems to scratch his ears alot. Thats the Choice one its supposed to be gluten free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts