Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I guess I've always been on my own. Had relationships here & there, some were serious, others no so much.

I have not the "Mr. right" yet. I am not willing to settle on "Mr. So-so" just to say I am married, so I will stay single.

Right at my 40th birthday, I actually had a guy friend ask don't you think you ought to get married now that you are 40?" I about laughed myself silly at him.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Single because not only do you get me, but you get two labs and two cats. And you have to learn your place in line, which is behind all of them!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I've been single for almost two years now - tried the marriage thing twice - be a loooooong time before I bother with that again! Right now I'm not looking for anyone - I figure if it's goign to happen it will happen and most likely when ileast expect it. I have plenty of friends and right now tha works for me!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Until Tudor came along (I was 33 at the time, he was 41) I never really had a mindset of "I want to get married." Just never did. Oh, a couple of long term relationships, one of which was fairy tale romantic, one which was just really pleasant and satisfying, and each just faded out in a natural, non-traumatic way.

Having been the fifth of seven children in a very crowded and cross Catholic household, all I ever wanted in life was my own home, my own pets, my own good job to support myself, and to be able to live a quiet life however I saw fit. I had a lot of those single years, and, for the most part, I really enjoyed them. I "did" them well. Now that I've been "single" again for nearly a year I have discovered how well suited I am to this life (style?) and I haven't lost my taste or touch for it. I'm a pretty solitary girl, always have been, amuse myself easily, enjoy the mundacity of daily life, and most importantly, I know when to seek out companionship, male or female, when I feel the need or desire.

:)

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Until Tudor came along (I was 33 at the time, he was 41) I never really had a mindset of "I want to get married." Just never did. Oh, a couple of long term relationships, one of which was fairy tale romantic, one which was just really pleasant and satisfying, and each just faded out in a natural, non-traumatic way.

Having been the fifth of seven children in a very crowded and cross Catholic household, all I ever wanted in life was my own home, my own pets, my own good job to support myself, and to be able to live a quiet life however I saw fit. I had a lot of those single years, and, for the most part, I really enjoyed them. I "did" them well. Now that I've been "single" again for nearly a year I have discovered how well suited I am to this life (style?) and I haven't lost my taste or touch for it. I'm a pretty solitary girl, always have been, amuse myself easily, enjoy the mundacity of daily life, and most importantly, I know when to seek out companionship, male or female, when I feel the need or desire.

:)
You are a strong person Nance ! You'll be annoying people long after I'm dead and gone :)

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I love being "single again". Like Nance said, I do pretty good alone. I was single for 16 years in-between husbands (yeh, I know how that sounds, but there was one when I was just a mere 20 yrs. old). I had a blast traveling, working at a great job, being with friends and I had dogs then, too. Married the now ex ... together for 11 years (9 of those married) and now divorced for 3 years.
I am finally at a place again where I am happy alone. I love my little life with just me and the pups. I have no desire to "do it again" with #3. I also think being older has me more settled into life and happy with much simpler things.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
48, never married, probably never will. *shrugs* No big deal.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I was single once ...nope twice.... In either case I did not purposely seek to get married. I enjoyed being single and I equally enjoy being married. Each has it's own benefits and pitfalls. Like our beloved labs I'm very adaptable.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I am single always have been. Have a friend of opposite sex who like me has never found the right person. We do things together as friends will even travel out of state to the others home when said friend wants. But that is as deep of a relationship as I want right now.

Never felt the need to get married I would much rather be alone and happy then married to someone I only tolerated or even worse loathed

If Mr. Right come along I won't rule out marriage but am very content the way things are..at 52 I am not searching for a change.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've been married but without a 'SO' for 9 years and I much prefer the soliltary life (there is a reason that I wont go into here). Unfortunately I cannot live alone (there are 4 generations in my house, very wearing)...my ideal would be to buy a one berth canal barge and live on it with Dinozzo - when you get tired of a place, move on.... blisssss!!!!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Been born again single for... 6 months I guess.. :) Was married once for 3 years (9 years of relationship before that) and got my little heart stabbed so I was single after that for 5 years dating off and on (well more off than on!). Then had a relationship last year that lasted 9 months but nothing came out of that. I like being single and having me all to myself... :) I like myself and I don't see the need to be with someone for the sake of being with someone. I hope to be married again though, maybe pop a kid or two... but I think if my soulmate walks into my life then I'll know it. But if he doesn't then I I'll enjoy my life just the same. It's just sooo hard to meet new people.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I have always lived by myself, since I was a sophomore in college...1978. While I have had 'significant" boyfriends, I have never have had and probably never will have a live in. If there is even another person in my house I can not fall asleep. I can hear every toss, turn and breath that they make. I joke with my relatives that if I ever did get married, my husband would have to have his own house, and if he was lucky, there would be a locked door in the tunnel that led between the two houses. After 13 years of living by myself, I can not imagine the guy that could put up with my 'eccentric' behaviors!

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have always lived by myself, since I was a sophomore in college...1978. While I have had 'significant" boyfriends, I have never have had and probably never will have a live in. If there is even another person in my house I can not fall asleep. I can hear every toss, turn and breath that they make. I joke with my relatives that if I ever did get married, my husband would have to have his own house, and if he was lucky, there would be a locked door in the tunnel that led between the two houses. After 13 years of living by myself, I can not imagine the guy that could put up with my 'eccentric' behaviors!
This describes my "friend" of 20 years exactly !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts