Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That I am reading the Bible. Yes I read it when I was in catholic school when I was younger. But don't remember much, think I was to young. So I figure there are a few on here that are pretty religious and I wanted to share this with you.

The one I am reading is one that Cody's mom got me. Its called THE ONE YEAR BIBLE. You read a little every day. It has the date on the pages. More like a book with Chapters, kind of. Its a little easier to understand too.

OK going back to my hole. Actually leaving for the day. LOVE GOOD FRIDAYS :)

Oh and just to throw this out there, I was born on Easter, I think thats kind of cool. :)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Re: OK since I am hear for right now...hehe Just wanted to let some of you know

Oh crap... Sam... come back to the light!!!

(just kidding)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

Are we going to see pictures of you in a long white gown being baptized as a born again Christian!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hunter said:
Are we going to see pictures of you in a long white gown being baptized as a born again Christian!!
No I am Cahtolic....hehehe ;D :D NO I am just reading it to read. I go to church every sunday. But I just havent read anything in the bible in years. Which by the way I need to go to confession. Havent been in a really long time.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I could never "understand" the Bible (or is it The Bible?), but I've always wanted to read it. Maybe I should check that one out.

Now get back to your hole young lady!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
I could never "understand" the Bible (or is it The Bible?), but I've always wanted to read it. Maybe I should check that one out.

Now get back to your hole young lady!
The last time I touched a "The Bible", my fingers started to smoke img]http://smiley-msn.com/Smileys/Diables/Smiley-msn.com-Diables-21023.gif[/img]

Should I take it as a sign?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mocha said:
is it the King James Version?
It just says THe one year Bible on the front and it also says the enture NEW LIVING TRANSLATION.

Yes Amy it is much easier to follow this one then the one I read when I was younger. Have have been going back and forth betweent eh old and this one. Mixing it up a little bit. I will ask Codys mom this weekend if it is the Kind James Version.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Sam, when I was in Catholic schools they actually discouraged us from reading the bible. Tudor keeps his great grandfather's bible on the corner of the desk and, like Robert, every time I pick it up to dust I get that sensation of a nun's ruler *thwacking* my hand.

Enjoy the read! :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The last time I touched a "The Bible", my fingers started to smoke
HA! ;D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I hope you find what you are looking for, Sam. :)

As an aside, if anyone is looking for a bible that is actually understandable, try "The Message" version. It is actually a good read and very understandable. It has also ditched all the "thou" and "thee" type verbage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats the exact bible I would recommend! Good for you. The one year bible is great. Its hard to stick with it if you try and read the bible from cover to cover. The way the one year bible is set up, with a little of old testament, a little of new, and some psalms and proverbs each day, I think it is very easy to read. Some people only will read the king james version, but for me I just cant grasp that kind of language. Another thing I always do, is pray before reading the bible, that God will help me absorb it, learn from it and use the knowledge in my life.

·
Registered
659 Posts
New Living Translation is easy to read - lots easier than the King James. I have that one too.......I love the daily intros and stuff (although I think I am currently on about Feb 15..... a bit behind)

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Sigh! Harley just ate my 38 yr old bible my Aunt had given me on Easter Sunday, 04/06/69. I don't think the red lettered version helped her at all!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
I attended Catholic school most of my life and bible reading was never really encouraged. What a shame...it's such a fascinating read.

Good for you, Sam, I hope you get a lot out of it.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Happy Birthday Tater!!
In case anyone's interested, I found the "Chronological" Bible (reads in one year also) very good. Everything is in order of how it takes place. So much easier to follow and it reads more like a novel/book. It is also the newer version that is much easier to understand, (no thees and thous).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats what I meant when I asked if it was King James version. Hard to read. Just wondering.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts