Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG - One of my foster families is going out of town for 13 WHOLE DAYS!

So, Hailey and her 6 pups will be coming to my house on Friday and I haven't told my husband yet. He's going to freak!

David's great, very patient and understanding about Lab Rescue and usually my #1 volunteer, but having 14 dogs in the house is going to trouble him. Honestly, that's why I haven't mentioned it. I don't like giving him too much time to worry about things like this.

It will all work out. Hailey still spends most of her time with her 2 week old pups and of course the pups don't really need much attention beyond what she is providing. We have a large bathroom for her and a large kiddie pool for the pups. My only concern will be if she decides to break down the gate in the bathroom and venture out to the living room while I'm gone and runs into a cranky Paulie. We'll figure it out though and have all weekend to get the right Paulie setup. I'll either have to double or triple gate her in - or crate Paulie - something I don't like to do since he still has some elbow and other joint pain and he needs to change positions often. Paulie will be fine while I'm around to remind him to mind his manners but I don't like anyone have unsupervised time with him when they're new to the group. Most dogs don't know how to read him correctly since he's a silent growler. He's extremely friendly as long as you know his personal space boundaries. But I'm sure it will all work out. It always does.

The good news is that I'll get to take tons of photos of the pups and post them over here. Let's hope that David is in a good mood tonight when I break the news to him.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Good luck breaking the news & with your visitors this weekend; we want TONS of pics of course!!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Oh, he'll get over it....... after all, who could stay mad with puppies around !!

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
14 dogs? :eek: Well, with six being babies, that only leaves eight ... you DO have a large house, don't you? ;)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
14?!? Dina! You've gone over the edge!
Good luck, my friend. Maybe David will just *thud to floor* and then be okay after that. :)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
OMG you are so brave. And you obviously have a wonderful husband no matter how he takes the news!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I'm home and I still haven't told him....I'm scared. :-\

Right now, I'm hoping for the thud when he faints and then when he comes to I'll just tell him that I'm surprised that he doesn't remember since I told him this weeks ago. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts