Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long have you been married and name one thing special about your marriage.

I have been married 16 years in July. (2nd one for me) The thing I consider most special about our marriage (other than our love for each other) is our ability to talk everything out. For him that's amazing since he's a quiet kind of guy and keeps things to himself a lot.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
16 years and absolutely everything is special. We were meant to be. :) One thing that stands out is that we are constantly cracking eachother up. Laughter in a marriage is really important.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
We are truly each others best friends. He doesn't care to go out with the guys and I don't care to go out with the girls.........we enjoy each others company all the time.
Ooopps edited to add - we've been married 29 years in July

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Shelly!!! LOL

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
We'll be married 29 years in August. Like Amy & Paul, everything is special about our relationship. The love, respect and trust we have for each other has seen us through a lot of bad times.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
It will be ten years this year for us. Both second marriages. He is my best friend. I think our marriage is successful because we talk, a lot. After work every day we sit and talk about our day, that helps to get some stress relief and then you're not taking out your frustrations on each other without knowing why. That and we're both so easy going. We never really fight about anything. I lubs my honey!

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
At the moment absolutely nothing. He's in the doghouse and keeps putting himself further and further into it. Taxes "I don't want to do our taxes together." We have software to do them it makes more sense to do them combined to optimize our savings, doesn't it? Sex Me: "When am I going to get some?" Him: "When you're skinny again." Groceries - I have to go grocery shopping because all he buys is junk. Pop, chips, cookies etc. Me: "Did you buy any milk?" Him: "I don't buy milk." The 1 year old drinks homogenized milk now. I am so frustrated.

Why am I married? I have no idea.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
It will be 42 years for us this coming May. Like any marriage, we have had good and bad times. What makes our marriage special is we work together to work through any bad times and love, laugh and have fun through the good.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
At the moment absolutely nothing. He's in the doghouse and keeps putting himself further and further into it. Taxes "I don't want to do our taxes together." We have software to do them it makes more sense to do them combined to optimize our savings, doesn't it? Sex Me: "When am I going to get some?" Him: "When you're skinny again." Groceries - I have to go grocery shopping because all he buys is junk. Pop, chips, cookies etc. Me: "Did you buy any milk?" Him: "I don't buy milk." The 1 year old drinks homogenized milk now. I am so frustrated.

For real? wow

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
We have been married for 18.5 years, and we really enjoy spending time together. We have the same sense of humor, and laugh constantly. We will laugh until we can't breathe and we are both crying. We were doing this over the weekend, and we were trying to tell the kids what we were laughing about, but we couldn't. Finally, they just shrugged and walked away, which made us laugh even harder.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
26 years. Thoughtful gestures....each and every day. Example....if he gets up before me he makes my coffee even though he doesn't drink it. He ran to the grocery store for a few items we needed and brought me back a bag of jelly beans because I love jelly beans (didn't need them but that is beside the point). I will be doing laundry and he comes in and offers to help.
I was getting ready to mop the kitchen when my mom called needing help with something and when I returned he had mopped the floor. I try to do the same kinds of things for him.
I would have to say Laughter runs a pretty close second.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
42 years. Most of it has been good or better. We have had our fights, one of us has told the other that he/she was free to leave whenever. Neither of us have left, we work it out, and are good for another 5 or 10. Don't have to talk about most things, we know what the other is anticipating.

For example. Ask her what I want to do after supper, she will ask you, before or after he takes the dog to the dog park. Ask me what she wants to do after supper, I will ask you, before or after she finishes the crossword puzzles. Next weekend for either, Are there any good shows (play or concert) in town? However, an opportunity to get together with our kids or grandkids trumps everything else.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
It'll be 22 years this May.

Secret to our marriage: She doesn't laugh when she sees me naked.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
:spit:

·
Registered
14,287 Posts

((((HUGS))))

This makes me so sad for you =(

1 - 20 of 50 Posts