Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope Sarah doesn't mind. But I wanted to share some pictures of my current work in progress.

I'm making her wedding cake topper to include clay figures of Sarah, her fiance, and Milly (chocolate lab). I got the pup-figure done a while ago, Milly's a combination flower-girl (white roses around the collar), and ring-bearer (pair of gold bands on an aqua "pillow" (the color Sarah's chosen for her bridesmaids dresses).

I had gotten the bride figure about 90% finished and the groom figure about 75% finished, and then a minor disaster struck (long story) and I had to start the people figures all over again. I've also been really, really busy lately and so I only got back around to clay projects in the last week or so - the fact that it was cold and rainy this past weekend here helped, too! So I've gotten the (new) bride figure just about completely finished, all I need is her Ok or suggested changes before I can bake it hard to protect from future accidents. I've tried to replicate the photos of the dress she chose as closely as possible, and I even found a clay with a slight pearlescent shine to it so it looks a bit like satin. The groom figure is about 60% done, and I'm not including pictures of him here because he doesn't have hands or clothes (except trousers) yet! I hope to finish him in the next few days since I don't have classes at night this week. I plan on putting all three figures on a heart-shaped base about the size of the paper doily in the photos, possibly with their names, aqua accents and maybe some more white roses. What do you think?

As always, most of the proceeds from this will go to benefit lab rescue, like I do with all my clay lab figures.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Ursula! You are amaaaaaazing! WOW!!!!! :) Perfect!!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, everyone! In answer to the questions, yes, the dress bodice has tiny glass beads (the smallest I could find). I use Sculpey clay, which is a polymer clay like Fimo (which I have used in the past, too). I get it at my local art supply store. I've also put a 2.5 mm (again, smallest I could find) trillion cut CZ on her left hand to be similar to her trillion cut engagement ring, and I have some tiny, tiny pearls that I could string around her neck, should she choose to wear them. But I don't know what she's doing for jewelry (I went ahead and put tiny pearls in her ears, though).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts