Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of on again off again. Heavy, light, short, long. Hot, cold WTF is all that about? Anyone (not you guys) go(ing) through this???:mad:

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Sorry, no.
Had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, best surgery I EVER had, highly recommend it :)

However, I am now experience those "personal tropical vacations". What a joy that is. Been going on for about 2 years now. How long do they last???

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Sorry, no.
Had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, best surgery I EVER had, highly recommend it :)
It's not like you can walk in to a doctor's office and tell them you want a hysterctomy.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Nope. Was spayed 5 or 6 years ago. Menopause isn't a picnic either. Hot, cold, hot, cold.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I'm sick of on again off again. Heavy, light, short, long. Hot, cold WTF is all that about? Anyone (not you guys) go(ing) through this???:mad:
Yep, everything but the hot/cold. Drives me absolutely nuts. At least the light times the cramps aren't bad.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I had a hysterectomy in 1992, but they left one ovary. In 2000, menopause hit full force. I had hot flashes so bad they scared the people who saw me. I turned bright, beet red, broke out into a sweat, and stayed that way for several minutes with each flash. That caused my rosacea. I'd have night sweats so bad the bed would be soaked. Forget sleep! I used to go outside and stand in the snow in my bare feet, shorts, and a T-shirt. After over a year of this, I begged the OB/GYN for hormones and I have been on them ever since. I am scared to death to go off them.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I get hot flashes, but I don't turn red. It feels like a fire starting on the inside, and then I sweat in all my joints, like elbow, behind the knee, between fingers, and under my eyes. Thankfully they are brief. I get them about a dozen times a day. I sleep with a fan blowing on me at night.

I drink a lot of ICE water and ICE tea, with lots of ice. This really helps stop the hot flashes. If I can drink really cold water or tea as soon as I feel one starting, it stops.

I never used to like really cold drinks.. now I can't live without them!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Hell...I am 52 and still as regular and normal as ever. I have been wishing I would start to slow down and stop. I started at 11 I am so ready for this to be over...with my luck I will be 85 and still having periods.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
almost one year down without a cycle...doing the happy dance. the mood swings seem to be gone, but hey; i don't have the ex around any more either; that could have something to do with it. heehee.....hot flashes are my biggest complaint...i've talked to people who have them for years and years. oh and i just turned 51

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
My biggest complaint is the mood swings-some days I cannot even stand myself. Doc helped me out with what I term my HAPPY PILLS also helps with sleeping which is my other problem.

You sounds alot what i had that it whacked out & at the end then came to a stop.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Aw, you really don't want to rush it.

I had terrible sads... about 2 years of very on again off again blue days. And irritable! No hot flashes or anything like that, maybe some night sweats I think. But the worst were my blue days. They were so sad while they lasted and then *poof* the next few days they would be over with.

It's a real "coming of age" time, I'll tell you that!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I started to "go through the change" at about the age of 48 - hot flashes , some breakthrough bleeding which ended with a DandC after about 2 years of it. Never had those fluctuating periods, and real heavy periods - they were pretty normal right up till the end, then just pretty much stopped at the age of 51. I don't miss them at all!!! I still have periods of hot flashes, but not too bad - I've gotten used to the sweating! Mostly I've had fuzzy thinking and more difficulty remembering things - feel like I'm working on half a cylinder most of the time.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
My mother began the early stages in her thirties as did I. I changed my diet. More whole grains, fiber and soy milk. I can tell you in all honesty it was enough! For a short time, to get me over the hump of changing my diet, I used Emerita cream.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
OMG I have been going through this for over ten years! Yes, you read that right. Hot flashes and night sweats for 10 friggin years. Some nights I get up and just lay my head in the freezer to get some relief.
This is NOT something you wish for!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
My wonderful wife of many years is prone to hot flashes that are picked up by Dopler radar. More than once we have to call the weather center to explain the strange cell they see.

Al Gore sent her a nasty E-mail accusing her of contributing to global warming.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts