Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at home today so I thought I'd share a few pics I had of the house we are buying since some of you asked. (No laughing. Its a fixer-uper in some areas.)

Front of house. Its LONG. I couldnt get it all in one picture so its two pics pasted together.

Deck on right side of house:

Empty Flower Beds

Teeny Back yard:

Side Yard:

Kitchen: Nothing spectacular. New flooring was put in which I dont mind. Will put knobs to dress up cabinets. We have our own stove and fridge which will replace those. New curtains will help too.

Part of a bathroom:

Looking at the living room from a bedroom. Ignore the couch there. The owners are trying to sell it. The left door goes to the deck. The right door is the front door.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Nice!! The yard has so many possibilities, and I love the deck.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
It looks nice!

Once you get in there and add all your personal touches, it'll look great. The kitchen is nice, which is a plus- they are expensive to redo! LOL.

The boys are going to love the yard. :)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Cute!!

Isn't fixing up a place so fun!! I'm having a great time with my apartment... albeit it's costing me a tad more than I expected... :(

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
It looks like it has a lot of potential. One thing you could do is turn that clothes line into an arbor for climbing vines, like more grape, wisteria, clematis, etc. Just give the uprights some fresh paint and run heavy guage wire about 6" apart at the top "T" sections from one pole to the other. Then you could create a paving stone or concrete patio between the uprights for a nice sitting area off the back door. :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Those empty flowerbeds are calling your name Laurie!! :D I love the house, it looks perfect for you guys.
Be careful of those grape vines. I don't know about SD, but here in NJ grapevines tend to be infested with fruit spiders. :eek: :eek: :eek: Creepy looking little chits!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Oh Laurie! It's cute as a bug's ear! So many possibilities and a great little starter!
(Are those really grape vines on the fence? I have autumn clematis spilling over mine... love it!)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all! :)

Cam, you are full of great ideas! I might do that! Thanks!

Not 100% sure they are grape vines. My Inlaws said they were since they used to have them.
Also concerned because I dont want Molly eatting grapes!

I'm very excited with all the possibilites.

The boys are thinking about their rooms. Right now they are all in one room. :eek: (2 bunk beds pushed together) In this house we will have 2 kids per room. They want an "ocean" bedroom and a "cowboy" bedroom. I'll have 2 weeks after closing before I have to move furniture into the new house to get a head start on decorating.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Oh the possibilities are endless! Like you said, once you get in there and have your way with that place, it will look completely different.
And the really important thing is the location which you have said is stellar and you love...anything else is fixable, paintable, doable!
Happy for you. What do the boys think?

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
...came back to look. It's a one level home? If so, you are sooooo fortunate!! What I would do for a one level home w/a nice yard in Hawaii.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WeHeartLabs said:
What do the boys think?
They are very excited but a little bummed they have to switch schools. They saw the side yard and said "Hey we can play football!"

zoesmom said:
...came back to look. It's a one level home? If so, you are sooooo fortunate!! What I would do for a one level home w/a nice yard in Hawaii.
Its all one level but it has a partial basement with a room we will convert to a bedroom and also my laundry room.

The 2 car garage will someday be 2 more rooms and a new garage built in the side yard.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I think it is wonderful. :)

Congratulations. I can't wait to see your finishing touches.
Will you be putting a swing set in the side yard?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Momma to J and A said:
I think it is wonderful. :)

Congratulations. I can't wait to see your finishing touches.
Will you be putting a swing set in the side yard?
Yes. Well I think so. Steve will be training for Iraq and will be gone alot this summer. So I want to buy a swingset kit and some lumber and get a few friends and build one. I love playing with Steve's power tools and saws. The one we currently have was left from a previous occupant and the wood is really rotten so we are not moving it. I might wimp out and get a little tikes one but I like the look of a wooden one and the little tikes would ruin the whole atmosphere. :p

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
The house is adorable and the yard is huge, with lots of potential.

You're going to have a great time fixing it up. It's so fun moving into a place and transforming it into something you absolutely love. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts