Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you do silly things with your lab(s)?

Right now I am supposed to be working. I brough work home, but it's hard to concentrate when I have such cuties shoving their heads under my arms to get me to pet them throw a ball etc. Some times I just get silly when I am home alone with them and they seem to like it. At least if you do to one, they all seem to try to get in the way for you to do to them.

For example a hawaiian themed comercial came on. I started humming the song and flapping Rogues ears in rythmn. Of course Mac and Rebel had to have theirs done next. Then it just lead to me doing a impromtu hulu dance which of any kind of silly dancing gets them all going. (you guys are all going to think I have been drinking! :laugh:)

I am forever making silly noises at them, singing songs, dancing etc. I was wondering if anyone was a silly with their pups?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
georgie said:
I'm guily too. Like Beerfish said....good thing there is no hidden camera at my house. Sing, dance, play silly little games...of course. :laugh:
Same here. Not so much with Mr. Grumpy Bill around, but all the time when he's gone! ;) We have a lot of fun when it's just me and the boys. I love to get them wound up so they butt-tuck in the house.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Its probably harder for Sammi to keep me entertained then for me to keep her entertained!! :laugh: :laugh: Dancing, wrestling, singing, chasing yep we do it all! DH just sits back and shakes his head :laugh:

·
Registered
148 Posts
We admit to all of it to - it seems that singing Itsy Bitsy Spider with definate hand movements seems to get the Rudder Dudder doing some crazy dancing and butt scootin' herself!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I'm a 49 year old man who talks and plays with my two labs like a complete idiot. I have my "talk with the dogs" voice that only dog people would understand. More than once while walking with co-workers we would happen upon someone with their lab. After asking the lab steward if it was OK to pet their pup, I would go into my dog talk. My co-workers couldn't believe what they were hearing. The lab and it's keeper certainly understood.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
HK has turned DW into a dog lover, but this statement comes ot of her mouth quite frequently when I am playing with HK or Newman or Louie.

'No one would believe you have a college education and design things for the government if they watched what you do with the dog.'

I will divulge no more.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am glad to not be alone.. :laugh:

When I was talking with hubby about this, he confessed on some silly things that he does with them as well. He said he dances and sings also. But will take their balls, tennis, basketball and football and pretend they are playing a game when they are alone. For example if he is in a baseball mood he said he throws the ball and if Rogue catches it up in the air he pretends it's a home run and they all run the bases. :laugh:

When I read to him about the "dog talk", we both totally agreed that has happened to both of us as well. Where he works the grounds keeper has a lab and she is just a sweetie pie. When hubby sees her, he goes right into "dog talk" and gives her all sorts of loves. Now she is a wiggly mess whenever she sees him.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I sing funny songs to everyone! :laugh: :nerd: :laugh: I make up new words to existing songs, and sing them to my kids, ducks and dog. I was singing a song to Bauer in the car one day (to the tune of "Beer Run" from the Bob and Tom radio show):
B-A-U-E-R, Bauer
B-A-U-E-R, Bauer
He's as cute as he can be, I love him and he loves me
B-A-U-E-R, Bauer
B-A-U-E-R, Bauer . . . at this point I realize that the lady in the car next to me is staring, so my last verse went like this:
That lady is starin' at me, cuz I'm singin' a song to my doggy
B-A-U-E-R, Bauer

When I go out to feed the ducks in the morning, I sing a song to the tune of My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas:
My Ducks
My Ducks
My lovely lady ducks . . .

Yep, I am a :nerd:!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.