Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since going from very light blonde to dark blonde / brown, my make up does not look right. I need your help. I have blue / grey eyes and a fair complexion. what eye colours and blush should I being using?

Thank!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Hmm...I have dark hair and dark eyes. I like to use gold/bronze eyeshadow, black eyeliner, black mascara. I stick to natural tones. Hmm...what about those eye makeup kits that bring out your eye color, have you tried one of those?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I would do a color test thinger at say Cover Girl or one of the other cosmetic websites.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I have brown hair, green eyes and a fair complexion. I use earth tones.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I have dark blond hair, grey eyes and a fair to light medium complexion (I have freckled arms so that should give you an idea of how light skinned I am. I wear earth tones for eye color, brown or brown/black for mascara (black is to dark), stay with the peach or darker pink blush lines and have to be really careful on my lipstick. Red no matter what tone makes me look like a hooker. I have to wear peach/some shades of pink/or the mocha colored lipstick.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I have brown hair, green eyes and a fair complexion. I use earth tones.
Same here, but they have to be from the cool color palette. I also use gray eyeshadow sometimes, black mascara. NO warm colors for me ever. Without seeing what you look like, it sounds like you should be using cool colors as well.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I have dark blond hair and blue eyes. The colors that look the best on me (I think, anyway) are earth tones. I wear medium brown eyeliner and a much lighter, more iridescent brownish color on the eye lids. Blush is usually just a little bronzer.

Maybe you could go to a department store and have them do your "colors"? I know that they expect you to buy something when they do this. Maybe there is something, like really good moisturizer, that you need?

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I'd really need to see a picure. It's not about hair & eye color as much as it is skin & hair "tone". You can have 2 brunettes with blue eyes but one has pink undertones and one has yellow. I have dark brown hair & brown eyes and I am a cool, warm colors look putrid on me.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
I'd really need to see a picure. It's not about hair & eye color as much as it is skin & hair "tone". You can have 2 brunettes with blue eyes but one has pink undertones and one has yellow. I have dark brown hair & brown eyes and I am a cool, warm colors look putrid on me.
Agreed. And you can't just say "wear earth tones" because there are warm browns and cool browns, warm greens and cool greens, etc.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Just wanted to point out I never said wear earth tones. I just said that's the shades I wear. :)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Jinx said:
Just wanted to point out I never said wear earth tones. I just said that's the shades I wear. :)
Someone told me once that I should wear earth tones and I'm thinking of that as an example. It's just a very vague recommendation. Sorry, bad example.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
No problem. I know what you mean. I wear warm shades of earth tones, but I know not everyone with the same hair and eye color can/does.

A trip to a make up counter for a makeover is really what you need, Nikki.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Yep! To the makeup counter you go!
Have fun!
That's my one girly indulgance: make-up!

Oh, just for the heck of it. I'm dark-brown haired, but I have very fair skin with pink undertones. My foundation is a cool shade, but really-you wear what looks good on you. In the summer, I really like to wear corals/warmer colors. In the winter-cooler. You just have to know what works for you :)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Yep, go to the makeup counter for sure!

I just went to Clinique (Bonus Time!) for some Almost Makeup (a light foundation w/ SPF for summer) and a bronzer... well, I ended up with a totally different bronzer then I would have bought had I walked into a store and picked it out myself. What I bought was a shimmery peach bronze, and I LOVE it. She also showed me how to apply it correctly, I was doing it all wrong, and now it really looks like I got some sun! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts