Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about this once before, but I'm serious this time!! It's my job to look into a Walt Disney World vacation for the family (Me, Mom, Dad, Brother, Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin(...and possibly 2 more cousins and Aunt/Boyfriend) It's my job to compare prices for hotels (we would split into 3 rooms, possibly 4) and semi-plan or try to plan meals. We've got passes to the parks covered since our cousin Shannon lives in FL, and is an engineer for Disney she can get us park hopper passes for free (or extreme discount)!!

Any good hotel reccomendations?

I have two sites bookmarked that were recommended to me last time they are, www.allears.net and www.moussavers.com - I've also checked out www.disneyworld.com aaaand www.affordabledisney.com

Am I skipping any good valuable websites? I'm soooooo psyched up!!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
we have been and actually we stayed on site for less than anywhere around there possible and they transport you to all the parks on there busses or you drive and pay to park but that is up to you.

we stayed that the music resort it was fun for my 2 girls at the time where 16 and 10 but they loved it there and the rooms where comparable to anyother we have stayed in. and there is a restaurant at each resort so that isn't a big concern.

I say stay on site and there are no worries and if you want you can allways drive into town to eat and such. we did had fun but wont go back either once was enough for us.

G

·
see if there are any extended stays in the area... they are usually reasonable and the kitchenette helps with the food costs a lot.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Labsrme said:
Stay on site. I would rather stay in the cheapest hotel Disney's got than a very fancy one off the grounds.
Amen.

Also, lots of the Disney resorts have great food courts where you can eat for a decent price. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner and are open all day. You can also buy one of the big insulated mugs from your resort and then you'll have free drinks at your resort for the rest of your time there- includes coffee, cokes, tea, etc. You can also use this at the pool!

It's also helpful to take a cooler. We always make and take a big pasta salad (my fav!) or chicken salad and some breakfast stuff. That way, we can usually eat breakfast or lunch or both in the room for cheap.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I definately recommend any of the All-Star Resorts on the property (I'm partial to the movie one myself though :) ) And don't be fooled by thinking you're getting a lot more for going the next level up. We (hubby and I) stayed at the All-Star and loved it. Went back with friends who wanted to stay at the Carribean Beach Resort. It was nice, but the only difference was an extra sink in our room-I'm not even joking. The food was better at the All-Star, and for the amount of time you're probably going to be in your room-the extra sink just isn't worth the extra money. I'm so jealous!!!!! I want to go to Disney!!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
For a large group like you're describing, take a look at the cabins at Fort Wilderness. They can sleep as many as 10, and it might save you from the expense of connecting rooms at one of the other resorts. You'd be close to the Hoop Dee Doo Review, which is a terrific show -- lots of fun and corny songs!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Don't know if they're still there, but just outside of Disney is an awesome Holiday Inn. We stayed there in '95. The room had a kitchenette and vcr (they also had tapes you could rent). Of course, there was a pool and hot tub, too. Diningroom had a childrens section with a plexi glass wall so you could see the kids. They had their own waiters & waitresses. Wonderful staff all around. They hotel provided transpsortation to Disneyworld, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts