Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my luggage today... the two sales clerks (women) were East Indian (or Pakistani, or whatever). One was a trainee. They were so eager to give me that additional 10% discount. The elder woman asked, "Are you making a trip?" In my happiness over the whole thing I replied "Yes"

She: "And where are you traveling?"
Me: "France! With all my sisters." Beaming the entire time, natually.
She: (after ringing up the sale) "Have a very nice trip."
Younger woman: "And take lots of pictures!"
Me: "Oh of course! Lots of pictures!"

As I approached my car in the parking lot I *DOINKED*

OH GOD! None of the JLers would have said where they are going! Now the clerks have my credit card info! Oh GOD! They'll be notifying terrorists to watch out for a pack of women on their way to France!

I should have told the elder woman, "Oh, I just like buying luggage." Or, "Oh, no traveling, really. My child will be going off to scout camp this summer in Siberia and I thought a couple of bags would be helpful." Or, "Oh I have this silly old cat who just refuses to sleep in anything but suitcases with wheels on them and he's outgrown his previous suitcase."

I'm a goner. I just know it!

What would YOU have said?!?

8)

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
i would have said where i was going.. i'm not sure i understand, nance..terrorists?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kelli said:
i would have said where i was going.. i'm not sure i understand, nance..terrorists?
Well, gee, Kell. They could have been Afghanis. Or Sulukis! In this day and age you don't tell complete strangers where you are going, do you? Wuhl... I do.

I'M KIDDING!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I'd be more worried about the people who still insist on calling fries, freedom fries.. tell them you're going to England or something.. =)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Being who I am, I prolly would have looked at them with a strange look on my face and said, "Trip? What trip? These are to hide the body parts."

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Well unless you gave them your whole travel itinery I wouldn't be too worried they don't know when you are going what flight etc. And Tud will be home so it is not like the house will be empty to be robbed...besides would you want to rob a house with as many dogs as you have?

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
azlab said:
And Tud will be home so it is not like the house will be empty to be robbed...
Who thinks like that? Am i the only one who would never have thought twice about something like that? I'm pretty surprised, to be honest.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
labby said:
Being who I am, I prolly would have looked at them with a strange look on my face and said, "Trip? What trip? These are to hide the body parts."
Bwaahaahaa!! Yes, Laura, I can see you doing that with a totally straight face, too!

Nance, I would have done exactly as you did. I never think someone may have ulterior motives for asking questions.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
AmazonGold said:
Bwaahaahaa!! Yes, Laura, I can see you doing that with a totally straight face, too!
The straight face is what sells it. Then you smirk once and laugh like crazy once you're out of the store. :gum:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
labby said:
AmazonGold said:
The straight face is what sells it. Then you smirk once and laugh like crazy once you're out of the store. :gum:
Evil, but very funny! :laugh:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
LOL! :laugh:
Nance, if this thread were started by anyone else, it would probably be a 9 page drama thread by now. :laugh: :laugh:

You funny. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts