Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a day you don't make me laugh?

Last night I took him out and there was a firefly floating around him blinking. He looked at it in amazement and even bumped it gently with his nose. Then it sat on his nose and he shook his head violently and pawed at his face to get it off, then went back to prancing around it as it floated around.
I meant to post that last night but had forgotten by the time I got back in. (**** you ADHD)

Tonight I took him out and it was a bit darker than last night and there was a BUNCH of fireflies blinking towards the back of the yard around our trees. SAM FREAKED OUT! He started growling and barking like crazy. He ruffled his back fur up until he looked like a hyena. They quit blinking. He just stood there staring into the darkness....then they all blinked in almost perfect unison and he started barking and jumping around again! :D I was laughing so hard.

Then one was fluttering and blinking around his head and he was prancing and snapping at air as he desperately tried to catch it!

Who needs TV when you have a lab?!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My parents moved to a little farm in Exeter, MO when they retired. We visited often and when my kids were little they loved to run after the fireflies in the summer evenings. Our dog at that time, Charlie, loved to run and chase them too. Lots of really good memories. And you are so right, who needs TV when you have dogs and kids to entertain you? We don't have any fireflies in southern NM but we have tons of hummingbirds. My two girls just go nuts watching them dart between my flowers, the feeders and play with each other. I think the hummers are as curious about the pups as the pups are about them. Too cute - and completely entertaining! :D I will bet Sam-wise would like hummingbirds too. :)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
He is funny!!! Sadie HATES bugs that land on her!! A horse fly landed on her back last night and she high tailed it to the house and was a nervous ninny for hours!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts