Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been raining like mad here since lastnight and we have water down in our basement now :( Id much rather have my snow back!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That happened to us last summer when we got a ton of rain. Do you have carpeting down stairs? I pulled up the carpeting and ripped up the padding and threw the padding away so I wouldn't get a mildew smell. Water is a SOB!!!!! Sneaks in the tinest holes and cracks.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jakeysmom said:
Do you have carpeting down stairs?
I don't have anything down there really except my holiday stuff thats up on an old dryer that is broke and my newer washer and dryer.. Its only in one corner right now so lets just hope it stays that way..

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I hope it stays that way. My parents have had water in the basement several times. Normally it's from a backed up drain line which required them to dig a 9' deep trench to get to it last year.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had that problem too, but I was scared of it ruining my washer and dryer so I went to Home Depot and got some of those paving stones to get it up off the ground in case some water gathered in there. At least it was two inches up...not much but enough if it got a little messy anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts