Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He called me today and the first words out of his mouth was I need some help, my reply, you are way beyond help. I recognized his voice immediately. :eek:
What he wanted was to find out what happened to $350 that someone paid for a wedding over a year ago. I explained the procedure, and since it was cash, where the money was kept. They didn't like to deposit the cash that far in advance since half the time the wedding's are called off. They then relied on me to deposit said money a couple of weeks before the wedding. Well, no one knew where it was, how to handle it. I offered to come back there to show them the procedure, after all, I love the church, just not the pastor. So much for him forgetting about me.:mad:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
They didn't like to deposit the cash that far in advance since half the time the wedding's are called off.
Wait, wha'??

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We get that, too, Amy. Couple books church, priest, organist, singer. And then decides to either forego getting married altogether, or to live together without getting married, or to abort the coming baby that was forcing them to marry, or to get married in a civil ceremony only.

Happening more and more, actually......

I remember one couple who put everything in place and then cancelled the wedding because one of them let it slip that they were ALREADY MARRIED!!!!

They "forgot" that they had gone to a JP months earlier.

But never told her parents. So they went through the motions until the truth came out...

Oopsie!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Holy crap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.